Audio problem w/9800 AIW Pro capture.

Old October 19th 04, 12:04 PM
Muerta

Default Audio problem w/9800 AIW Pro capture.

OK, just hooked all the cables up. Everything seems to fly good *except* I
have audio cable run from capture source to the adapter box, and i can't get
any audio.

A 25 ft Monster Cable super video cable and a MC 25 ft audio cable are going
into the adapter. I get the video just great, can't get audio at all. Also
can't find the "volume slider" in Pinnacle 8.

I've been fooling with Pinnacle 8 and Roxio 6 for a while now, changing all
the audio selections in the programs, but not a peep.

Can anyone suggest what's wrong?

No, cables are good.

TIA

Old October 19th 04, 03:10 PM
T Shadow

"Muerta" wrote in message
OK, just hooked all the cables up. Everything seems to fly good *except* I
have audio cable run from capture source to the adapter box, and i can't

get
any audio.

A 25 ft Monster Cable super video cable and a MC 25 ft audio cable are

going
into the adapter. I get the video just great, can't get audio at all. Also
can't find the "volume slider" in Pinnacle 8.

I've been fooling with Pinnacle 8 and Roxio 6 for a while now, changing

all
the audio selections in the programs, but not a peep.

Can anyone suggest what's wrong?

No, cables are good.

TIA

Are you getting audio from the TV? If not did you connect a wire from the
AIW to your sound card and have that input enabled in the mixer (usually
line in or auxiliary)? What sound card do you have? Is their something else
you can attach the MC audio to, to verify it has sound coming out?

In Pinnacle 8 an audio slider can be found by clicking on the speaker icon
in the camera/speaker icon at the upper left hand corner of the edit box. Or
you can raise and lower the recording level by moving the line in the audio
track (in the edit box). After making cuts in the video, recording levels
can be set for each cut this way. These are recording levels for the file
you ar making, not sound settings. Adjust sound settings in the
Windows/sound card Mixer.
HTH

Old October 20th 04, 02:57 AM
Muerta

"T Shadow" wrote in message
.. .
"Muerta" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I'm getting audio from the TV source, DirecTV box. I thought that the
AIW would channel the audio on it's own without connection to the sound
card. Perhaps *that* is my blunder. I have on-board audio that I'm using
with my A7N8X-E deluxe MoBo, I shall route audio to it's input and see if I
can select it as a source.

Found the volume slider in studio 8 about an hour after posting. Duh.

Nice card, though I'm a little dissapointed in the video reproduction. Ran
Avia calibration disk through my ViewSonic P225f, then through both Pinnacle
and Roxio, and couldn't even come close once viewed through software.
Pinnacle actually came the closest.

Built this box with video editing in mind. New ground for me. I'll get
there.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

Old October 20th 04, 08:25 PM
T Shadow

"Muerta" wrote in message
.. .

"T Shadow" wrote in message
.. .
"Muerta" wrote in message
[...]

If you can hear sound from the tv you should be able to hear the sound from
the breakout box. How do you have the sound routed from the AIW to the sound
card/MB? Routing the sound directly to the soundcard would verify you have
sound in but it shouldn't be necessary and may keep the AIW from capturing
it.

Old October 21st 04, 03:23 AM
Muerta

"T Shadow" wrote in message

If you can hear sound from the tv you should be able to hear the sound
from
the breakout box. How do you have the sound routed from the AIW to the
sound
card/MB? Routing the sound directly to the soundcard would verify you have
sound in but it shouldn't be necessary and may keep the AIW from capturing
it.

Therein lies the root of the problem, I suspect. I did not jumper the video
card to sound card on the build, thinking that the video card would provide
inputs/outputs independently. I am usually not so sloppy and assuming.

I have NVidia audio on the board and am using that, and I see it is
recognized in both Studio 8 and Roxio as an input source, so it should be
simple enough to route the audio into it and pick it up from there.

Why don't I just pop the top and jumper it? Tons of ins/outs from the box
under/around furniture, and the cables are all feeding through the back of a
large computer desk, and I'm too lazy to spend 1 1/2 hours doing what an
adapter will do in 10 minutes

Even after all these years, I see I'm still human. Will nirvana ever come?

I appreciate the help from you guys. Won't hesitate to come back on bended
knee should I screw something else up.

Old October 22nd 04, 05:53 PM
Ar Q

"Muerta" wrote in message
OK, just hooked all the cables up. Everything seems to fly good *except* I
have audio cable run from capture source to the adapter box, and i can't

get
any audio.

A 25 ft Monster Cable super video cable and a MC 25 ft audio cable are

going
into the adapter. I get the video just great, can't get audio at all. Also
can't find the "volume slider" in Pinnacle 8.

I've been fooling with Pinnacle 8 and Roxio 6 for a while now, changing

all
the audio selections in the programs, but not a peep.

Can anyone suggest what's wrong?

No, cables are good.

TIA

They first fixed the audio sync problem upon the release of Catalyst 2.1 and
MMC 7.7. But it needs AIW128 Pro or better. AIW Pro is just too old. Maybe
you could buy another card at EBay.

Old October 22nd 04, 09:20 PM
T Shadow

"Ar Q" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Muerta" wrote in message
[...]

Read thread subject.

Old October 22nd 04, 11:38 PM
Ar Q

"T Shadow" wrote in message
"Ar Q" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Muerta" wrote in message
[...]

Another guy kept asking about audio sync problem with his 4MB AIW Pro.
Finally I can't keep my silence any more. And it is a wrong thread. Hehe. I
didn't see the "9800" part on my first glimpse.