p4p800 + surround 4.1

Old December 6th 04, 04:30 PM
zaeee

Default p4p800 + surround 4.1

hello $
i m french. sorry for my english then
My problem is that my suround effect didnt worked anymore with the MB.
i would like to know if others have the same problem.
i test my surround system with my old but good sound blaster and with the MB
soundcard
thanx for reply

Old December 7th 04, 03:18 AM
Paul

In article , "zaeee" wrote:

hello $
i m french. sorry for my english then
My problem is that my suround effect didnt worked anymore with the MB.
i would like to know if others have the same problem.
i test my surround system with my old but good sound blaster and with the MB
soundcard
thanx for reply

I think Soundmax supports 5.1 speaker configuration (two front,
two rear, center and sub woofer speakers), 4 speaker configuration
(two front, two rear, no bass speaker), and 2 speaker. I don't see
a 4.1 mode or a 2.1 mode. And selecting 5.1 mode, then connecting
fewer of the speakers, just won't sound right. For example, if
you select 5.1 mode, and use a 4.1 speaker system, then the
energy being sent to the center speaker will be missing from
the sound image. That means the surround sound won't be quite
as good, as it would be with a center speaker. But, with Soundmax,
that is probably the best configuration you can use for your
speakers, if they consist of 2 front, 2 rear, and a sub woofer
speaker.

The latest manual is he
ftp://www.asus.it/pub/ASUS/misc/audi..._UserGuide.zip

Sometimes on computer sound, there is something called "clone
mode", and that is where the signal fed to front left and right
speaker, is copied to rear left and right speakers. This is
effectively stereo, but with duplicated speakers. I don't see
an option in the Soundmax mixer panel for that mode, but if
that mode existed, it would ruin the surround effect.

Try using the setup wizard and test the speakers one by one in
the environment test. See the "Adjust Speaker Volume" picture
here - this is the panel you want to use to adjust the setup:

http://www.fcenter.ru/img/article/so...ns_2/32730.gif

There is some Soundmax info here, of limited value:
http://www.soundmax.com/products/faqs/index.html
http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/s...upportFAQ.html
http://www.soundmax.com/products/doc...ion/index.html

HTH,
Paul
Old December 7th 04, 01:28 PM
zaeee

thanx for everything..
I setting the soundmax on... QUAD SPEAKER.. (multidrive surround).
I unplugged the surround plug and it work.. i have the sound on all 4
speaker but . without surround i think..

"Paul" a écrit dans le message de news:
In article , "zaeee"

http://www.fcenter.ru/img/article/so...ons_2/32730.gi

Old December 7th 04, 11:35 PM
Paul

In article , "zaeee" wrote:

thanx for everything..
I setting the soundmax on... QUAD SPEAKER.. (multidrive surround).
I unplugged the surround plug and it work.. i have the sound on all 4
speaker but . without surround i think..

Try the 5.1 mode. There will be three sliders in the mixer,
labelled "front", "rear", "center". There is a little button
next to the "center" slider - click it, and try both possible
settings of the swap control, to get your sub woofer to work.

Do you have other sound system software loaded ? Perhaps
you should uninstall other sound hardware drivers.

HTH,
Paul
Old December 8th 04, 12:33 AM
zaeee

thanx
i succeed YES !!!!
Actualy i resintalled my soundblaster live and install all drivers and all
software. i don t know how it work.. but. it work