Help needed fast to find motherboard drivers AtecStar

Old October 21st 12, 11:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gabriel Knight[_11_]

Default Help needed fast to find motherboard drivers AtecStar

Hi I need motherboard drivers fast for a motherboard that has a name
AtecStar as a sticker on one of the ports printer if im correct and a
sticker with A9GM-1394 for the Mobo I cant find any with google or
driversguide or driverscollection all I need is the onboard video and
onboard sound and one called SM bus controller these are the only ones in
device manager for Win XP Pro. I can put a sound card and an agp card in if
I have to but that just means I need the SM bus controller one to get this
running good, this must be a fairly (crappy) non used mobo as the words
atecstar in google are far and few between but there is a site but I cant
read it as it is in chinese or japanese and google cant translate it. Thanks
all.

Old October 21st 12, 12:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gabriel Knight[_11_]

Everyone I have found what I needed I used right click driver pack that I
forgot I had on a dvd that I have

I do now need a manual for the pins of the USB as I have to install a card
reader with individual pins so I need to know what the pins are for the usb
on the mobo or can someone tell me what they are if they are a generic pin
setting. it has:

bg vcc
X O O O O
O O O O O

X is no pin and the only one I paid attention to is the bg and the vcc the
bg is next to the X and the vcc is at the end now (this is what the old
cable was when I pulled out the front usb cable on the case) the other five
pins I dont know I need to put the usb cable for the card reader in that
has pins as: GND, D+, D-, GNDA and VCC.

Then I have a IEEE1394 cable (this is the sticker on the cable) to put on
the mobo too it has:

TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, VCC and GND. do I use the TX's on one usb port and the
RX's on another usb port but then which port do I put the VCC and GND to?

.com...

Old October 21st 12, 01:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

"Gabriel Knight" wrote in message
d.com...
[...]

IEEE 1394 is not USB, it's firewire http://www.frontx.com/cpx105_2.html.
Connecting it to USB ports on the MB is a very, VERY bad idea. The 9-pin MB
connector you're looking at may not be for USB, it may be for the firewire
http://www.via.com.tw/en/downloads/brochures/peripherals/1394_1.pdf,
unless it's specifically labeled USB.

On my old Asus board (M2NPV-VM) the USB pin-outs are

6 10
o o o o o o
o o o o o x
1 5

1- +5V
2- P7- (data -)
3- P7+ (data +)
4- GND
5- no pin
6- +5V
7- P8-
8- P8+
9- GND
10- not connected

The P7 and P8 are for ports 7 and 8; that board has two connectors like this
for the front panel. I had a total of 8 USB ports between the front and the
back.

The IEEE 1394a connector is
(same connector diagram as above)

1- TPA1+
2- GND
3- TPB1+
4- +12V
5- no pin
6- TPA1-
7- GND
8- TPB1-
9- +12V
10- GND

So, you can see from the pin-outs that crossing those connectors could cause
irreparable damage to the device plugged in and/or the MB.
Hopefully this will help. Some kind of fun, huh :-)
--
SC Tom

Old October 21st 12, 02:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

[...]

I think I may have found the manual for your MB
ftp://driver1.cptech.com.tw/manual/A300M-E1394%20manual.pdf

Check it out and see. It's a very slow FTP connection, so be patient. If by
chance you can't get it, I saved a copy and can post it somewhere for you.
--
SC Tom

Old October 21st 12, 03:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Gabriel Knight wrote:
[...]

USENET works on an ancient time scale. If you're lucky,
you get your answer within the next 24 hours. If you're
not lucky, you never get an answer.

Try here for docs.

http://web.archive.org/web/200409032.../a9gm-1394.htm

You can track down the drivers, using the chip numbers of course.
But the ATI chipset package or graphics driver would be a critical part.

Now, the motherboard itself, looks suspiciously similar
to the FIC P4M-RS300. Not exactly the same, but a good
deal of similarity. FIC is out of business as near as
I can tell.

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/mo...FIC/P4M-RS300/

http://www.firingsquad.com/products/..._p4m-rs300.jpg

But even with that knowledge, the FIC angle is a dead end. Really dead.
No info of note. They didn't put a manual for that motherboard
on their website. Ever.

I think this is going to cost you a video card, at least.
The sound, you can probably find that on RealTek.com.tw .

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Maybe if you can figure out another chipset that uses
IXP150, you can get the SMBUS driver from it.

If I was doing this, it might take me the whole day to
get a pig like that ready. If it was a customer,
I'd probably kick them out the door :-)

Paul
Old October 21st 12, 03:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

SC Tom wrote:

[...]

That's a good find. I didn't even get a whiff of that
when I went searching...

Now, when I looked at the motherboard picture in that
manual, which is a bit on the blurry side, I can see
the "real" motherboard number on that thing. It's
the FIC P4M-RS300. Look closely between the slots
in the manual you found. The board is a rebranded P4M-RS300.
(And the Firewire header looks like it's missing. I
couldn't see the pin header for it, next to the VIA chip.

http://www.firingsquad.com/products/..._p4m-rs300.jpg

It looks like FIC OEMed that to other small companies,
and between the lot of them, there is practically
nothing left. You can probably find drivers, but
it'll be a long, long day.

Paul
Old October 21st 12, 04:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

"Paul" wrote in message
SC Tom wrote:

[...]

The firewire headers ( (2) 5-pin) are on the edge of the MB by the last PCI
slot on the left.

I think you're right about the FIC MB being sold to smaller companies, hence
the discrepancy in MB numbers. The search I did for A9GM-1394 brought up a
forum that suggested the "true" number A300M-E1394, so I searched for it and
found the link I posted. I can't read the bar code label to see what it
says.

Depending on the header that he has for the firewire, he may be re-doing it
to fit. On my Asus MB that I gave the pin-out on, it was a single 10-pin
block on the MB and the
header was a matching connector with a plug in pin 10. I can remember one
Compaq desktop that I had with another Asus board that had the 10-pin block
on the MB, but the the header was two 5-pin connectors with one hole plugged
on one of them.

Also, I just pulled my old M2NPV-VM MB out of the closet, and the firewire
block on the MB is red as opposed to the black USB ones. It doesn't look
like the two on this MB are; they look black in the picture.

I'm interested to see how it works out for Gabriel. Makes me want to pull
all my older parts out of the closet and see what I can throw together LOL.
I have a nice full tower out in the shed would hold just about anything I
throw in it :-)
--
SC Tom

Old October 21st 12, 05:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

SC Tom wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
SC Tom wrote:

[...]

What I noticed in the picture, was a 2x7 connector near the VIA
chip in the upper left.

http://www.firingsquad.com/products/..._p4m-rs300.jpg

The A300 manual doesn't have any mention of that, and it isn't
in the A300 picture either. I can't figure out what that might be.
It looks to be a 2x7, with one pin blocked in the center on one side.
So a total of 13 pins, with 1 keying pin. And since it's near the
VIA chip, I figured it might be a Firewire.

I've seen a couple different patterns for Firewire, but I thought
eventually they settled on one pinout for later boards. FrontX
has some of it documented, but I don't think they include the
FIC configuration here.

http://www.frontx.com/cpx105_2.html

Some header patterns for Firewire, they use two pins for VCC and
two pins for GND. And that's to handle the max current that
Firewire bus can draw. I notice the FIC board has a Polyfuse
next to each header. So at least you're protected
against a burnout. And the board seems to have enough
Polyfuses in other areas. (That's a measure of cheapness,
and some of the el-cheapo boards cut corners on that,
and run a bunch of 5V interfaces, off the same Polyfuse.)

Paul
Old October 21st 12, 09:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GMAN[_14_]

In article , Paul wrote:
SC Tom wrote:

[...]

With it being an ATI chipset, just go to www.amd.com and do an auto drivers
search

Old October 22nd 12, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

GMAN wrote:
In article , Paul wrote:
SC Tom wrote:

[...]

The closest I could find manually, was a Win2K driver. Even though
I think the chipset was released after WinXP was.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...grated-2k.aspx

Paul