Crossfire Edition

Old August 13th 06, 04:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Amy L

Default Crossfire Edition

I am looking at setting up my system with an X1900 crossfire setup. I was
looking around comparing prices and came across this card on Tiger Direct.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...282&CatId=1826

Is this really a crossfire edition card and not a crossfire card? The
reason I ask is that the picture of the card does not show the crossfire
connector or the box contents do not list the crossfire cable that typically
comes with the x1900 crossfire cards.

Looking for the card at Newegg its [1] alot more than what Tiger Direct is
showing and [2] shows the connector and lists the cable.

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16814195001

When I search tiger direct for the model # of the card as shown on newegg
(100-435721) it does bring up the card on the link above.

What am I missing? Is the card at Tiger Direct not the right one?

Amy.

Old August 13th 06, 07:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Reggie Hillier

You have to make sure you get a Crossfire Edition card and not
" Crossfire Ready ". The one at Newegg is the Crossfire edition.
Also the Crossfire edition only comes in the X1900XT.
So if you want the best you go with a X1900XTX and the
X1900XT Crossfire Edition. As you stated the one from
Tiger Direct is not Crossfire Edition.

Old August 13th 06, 08:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

There was a massive price drop on X1900 cards a couple of days ago (probably
in anticipation of the X1950 launch). The Tigerdirect price is the new
price. The Newegg price reflects older stock.

For comparison, the same card now sells for $457 CAD at NCIX in Vancouver,
down from $600+ previously.

So, go ahead and order it. Just be sure your PSU is up to snuff. Two X1900
cards need more juice than a 7950 quad-SLI setup.

Old August 13th 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
jdc1

First of One wrote:
There was a massive price drop on X1900 cards a couple of days ago (probably
in anticipation of the X1950 launch). The Tigerdirect price is the new
price. The Newegg price reflects older stock.

For comparison, the same card now sells for $457 CAD at NCIX in Vancouver,
down from $600+ previously.

So, go ahead and order it. Just be sure your PSU is up to snuff. Two X1900
cards need more juice than a 7950 quad-SLI setup.

supposedly, the x1950xtx is goona be priced at $399. Fat chance I suppose.
Old August 13th 06, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
badraptor

when you get this setup you will love it! i love mine!

asus a8r32 mvp deluxe
athlon fx-60
x1900xtx crossfire 512 gddr3
x1900xt 512 gddr3
700 watt antec ps sli and crossfire ready
4 gigs crucial
4 wd 10000 rpm raptors in raid-0
sound blaster fx
water cooling tower koolance cpu/chipset

there is no game i play that lags at the highest setting with 16x anti
aliasing 1600x1200
fear
battlefield
quake 4 ghost recon advance warfighter
farcry
oblivian
half life 2 episde one

Old August 14th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

What is the model number of the Antec power supply you are using? Does
it have multiple 12v rails?

Also, I am interested in the case you have - how does it compare to
Antec cases. I have always been a fan of the Antec cases since they
are still well made.

Amy

Old August 14th 06, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

When are the x1950's suppose to drop and what will be the big
difference between them and the x1900's?

Amy.

Old August 14th 06, 11:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

The X1950 is X1900 with GDDR4 RAM. The GPU is identical, but the memory
clock soars to 2.0 GHz effective on the XTX. This allows it to seemingly
surpass the 7950GX using a single card. An independent benchmark (different
from the ubiquitous Dailytech posting) was available here, but now seems to
have been pulled: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3885.

Expect the X1950 to occupy the pricing levels previously held by the X1900,
i.e. ~ $500 for the X1950XTX. ~$450 for the X1950XT.

BTW, your Newegg X1900 CF listing has dropped to $390, overnight...

oups.com...