paper tray #1 is stuck on my Lexmark T640 monochrome laser printer

Old March 9th 13, 07:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Klein

Default paper tray #1 is stuck on my Lexmark T640 monochrome laser printer

It's jammed in at an angle, and I don't want
to pull it out forcefully. The tray and the
tray casing are not cracked or broken, so I
think there's a chance of getting it out safely.
Can I go inside the printer to get at the tray?
If so, how do I do that?
Thanks,
David
Old March 10th 13, 04:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

"David Klein" wrote in message
It's jammed in at an angle, and I don't want
to pull it out forcefully. The tray and the
tray casing are not cracked or broken, so I
think there's a chance of getting it out safely.
Can I go inside the printer to get at the tray?
If so, how do I do that?
Thanks,
David

Consider studying the manual for disassembly and take your time . This kind
of situation can occur with literally any printer and suddenly you have to
be adaptable. I had to do the same thing once on a T630 at my school before
I retired. It did work despite my trepidation.
--
Jan Alter