Well, i've upgraded the bios from 1005 to 1008....

Old July 2nd 03, 06:57 PM
Cralos Arruda

Default Well, i've upgraded the bios from 1005 to 1008....

and still have the booting problem from SCSI card.
I have this error when i turn on or boot the pc.:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot
device and press a Key

Nothing alse then this and i am getting crazy with this, my dear MSI Mobos,
never given me any problems....

Remember guys, it does boot from the SCSI Card if i put the windows XP
instalation CD on the second boot device=Cd-Rom..

Old July 2nd 03, 06:59 PM
Cralos Arruda

sorry,

It boots from SCSI Card if the windows XP cd-rom is in the second boot
device and i do not hit any key to boot from the cd-rom, i just ignore it.

Any help?

Thanks

"Cralos Arruda" escreveu na mensagem

Old July 2nd 03, 07:03 PM
Tony Hwang

Hi,
SCSI card BIOS enabled and configured?
Configured system BIOS boot sequence to boot from SCSI?
Tony

Old July 2nd 03, 07:07 PM
Cralos Arruda

Hi.
SCSI card BIOS enable and configured???
My scsi card does not have a bios or an acessible bios, i hade mailed the
adaptec to see if there was a special configuration of keys to hit to go to
the SCSI Bios but i was told that there's non.
Yes, system bios its configured to boot from SCSI Card.
Thanks

"Tony Hwang" escreveu na mensagem

Old July 2nd 03, 07:15 PM
John Smith

Out of interest, when you have the XP CD in the drive and you are asked to
hit a key to boot what happens if you do hit a key - I assume it will take
you into the XP install?

Can you paste what you have in your C:\Boot.ini file as well?

J.

Old July 2nd 03, 07:20 PM
rstlne

your from the UK so you better hope your MSI mobo doesnt give you any
troubles
as MSI DO NOT TAKE BACK PRODUCTS UNDER WARRANTY IN THE UK..
to get around this they have an "Undocumented" warranty change, the uk
warranty goes from 3 years to 1 year, and during the first year they REQUIRE
it to be returned via their reseller...

Old July 2nd 03, 07:22 PM
Cralos Arruda

Hello.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP
Professional" /fastdetect

But the boot.ini file its not in C:\ but in c:\windows\pss.
When i have that from the windows xp cd rom in the boot, yes, if i hit it it
goes to the set up.

Any other ideia?

Thanks

Carlos Arruda

"John Smith" escreveu na mensagem
news

Old July 2nd 03, 07:32 PM
John Smith

Go home - it's warmer over there! :-))))

"Cralos Arruda" wrote in message
well i am in the UK but i got that MSI bord in Portugal cause i am from
there.

Old July 2nd 03, 09:39 PM
Carlos Arruda

Hello.
Hidden files and folders yes but as normal, just for system files.
Yes, that boot.ini is a backup like boot.ini.backup.
Strange but no, i can't see them in c:\ the files config and autoexec, ntldr
and ntdetect.com.
It feels like were close to the error?
Please say yes.
Thanks mate for your time.
Hope to get this done really soon.
Best Regards
Carlos Arruda

"John Smith" wrote in message
Well, there's a problem for a start.

Your boot.ini is correct in its wording for a Windows XP install on the
first partition of your first drive but it is located in the wrong place.

It
MUST be in your C:\ root and MUST be called boot.ini

You have a spare in your C:\Windows\Pss folder but it is CLEARLY labelled

as
boot.ini.backup

Do you have 'Hidden Files And Folders' hidden??? If you do then your
boot.ini in your C:\ root will be hidden. Can you see other files in your
C:\ root such as Config.sys, Autoexec.bat, NTLDR, NTDETECT.com?

[...]

go

BIOS Gricalus General 3 July 13th 03 12:07 PM
MSI KT3 ULTRA bios upgrade... Jerry McBride Overclocking AMD Processors 1 July 12th 03 04:32 AM
WARNING! Asus P4P800 BIOS revision 1008 has problems. Steve Colburn Asus Motherboards 1 July 2nd 03 10:21 AM
A7V8X-X BIOS version 1003 vs 1005 Dennis Demont Asus Motherboards 2 June 23rd 03 07:20 PM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM