Mew ATI and tv-out?

Old February 27th 10, 10:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Benjamin Gawert

Default Mew ATI and tv-out?

Am 25.02.2010 19:39, * GMAN:
In , Benjamin wrote:
Am 24.02.2010 20:43, * Boris Badenov:

Yea, but there are adapters available so he can still do it. In my
wants SVGA though

No, he wants *SVHS* not SVGA.

Benjamin

IT NOT SVHS either damnit, it called S-Video or Y/C

Really? Wow, you're my hero now.

FYI: Y/C (analoge separate luminance/croma) is the *signal*, the term
"SVHS" usually means the connector (4pin HOSIDEN or SCART) carrying an
Y/C signal. And in the outside world where people have friends and a
life (both things you probably know nothing about) they generally use
the term "SVHS" for everything Y/C-related because the first widely use
of Y/C was with the SVHS standard.

And if we are at it: it is NOT SVGA for gods sake, it is VGA. SVGA is a
VESA resolution standard (800x600), not a signal or a connector. In
fact, you can send a SVGA signal over HDMI with no problems. The
connector is a VGA connector (D-Sub HD15) and the signal itself is
analogue RGB with separate sync.

If you try to make yourself smarter than you are then at least get the
facts right. So far you just made look yourself like a dumb****, but
probably just because you are one.

Benjamin

Old February 27th 10, 10:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Benjamin Gawert

Am 25.02.2010 16:17, * Boris Badenov:

No, he wants *SVHS* not SVGA.

Typo, sorry. I know what he wants.

BTW: it is "SVGA", it is "VGA". "SVGA" (like "VGA", too) is a VESA
resolution standard (800x600), not a signal or a connector. In fact, you
can send a SVGA signal over HDMI with no problems. The connector is a
VGA connector (D-Sub HD15) and the signal itself is analogue RGB with
separate sync.

If this GMAN had a clue he probably would have complained about that,
too. But of course we probably all know what you mean with "SVGA".

Benjamin

Old February 27th 10, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_13_]

In article , Benjamin Gawert wrote:
Am 25.02.2010 19:39, * GMAN:

No, he wants *SVHS* not SVGA.

Benjamin

IT NOT SVHS either damnit, it called S-Video or Y/C

Really? Wow, you're my hero now.

FYI: Y/C (analoge separate luminance/croma) is the *signal*, "SVHS"
usually means the connector (4pin HOSIDEN) which transfers an Y/C signal.

That is very incorrect!!! There is no such thing as a SVHS connector.

And if we are at it: it is NOT SVGA for gods sake, it is VGA. SVGA is a
VESA resolution standard (800x600), not a signal or a connector. In
fact, you can send a SVGA signal over HDMI with no problems. The
connector is a VGA connector (D-Sub HD15) and the signal itself is
analogue RGB with separate sync.

If you try to make yourself smarter than you are then at least get the
facts right.

Pot Kettle Black.

Show us where there is a legitimate connector standard called SVHS

Old February 27th 10, 03:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_13_]

In article , Benjamin Gawert wrote:
Am 25.02.2010 19:39, * GMAN:

IT NOT SVHS either damnit, it called S-Video or Y/C

Really? Wow, you're my hero now.

FYI: Y/C (analoge separate luminance/croma) is the *signal*, the term
"SVHS" usually means the connector (4pin HOSIDEN or SCART) carrying an
Y/C signal. And in the outside world where people have friends and a
life (both things you probably know nothing about) they generally use
the term "SVHS" for everything Y/C-related because the first widely use
of Y/C was with the SVHS standard.

If you try to make yourself smarter than you are then at least get the
facts right. So far you just made look yourself like a dumb****, but
probably just because you are one.

Benjamin

You post the same comments 4 times and you accuse me of being stupid?