Gateway ML3706 XP Installation & Drivers

Old August 23rd 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Zoned

Default Gateway ML3706 XP Installation & Drivers

I downgraded my Gateway ML3706 notebook computer from Vista to XP,
because Vista ran brutally slow. XP runs EXTREMELY faster now, but
getting the XP drivers was a nightmare. Thanks to the technical
genius of a member named Anthony from http://forum.notebookreview.com/,
I was able to get all the drivers. Here's some information to help
you along your way...

Audio - Sigmatel Audio 5.10.5031.0
Ethernet - Marvell Yukon 88E8030 PCI-E Fast Ethernet
Modem - Agere Systems HGA Modem
Video - ATI Radeon Xpress 200m Series
Wireless - Realtek RTL8145 54M
SMBUS - Unknown, it was emailed to me

Someone was nice enough to email me the drivers, and I'll gladly do
the same. If the demand is high enough, let's find a free place to
put the drivers to prevent future headaches for everyone else!

Old August 23rd 07, 07:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

Zoned wrote:

I downgraded my Gateway ML3706 notebook computer from Vista to XP,
because Vista ran brutally slow. XP runs EXTREMELY faster now, but
getting the XP drivers was a nightmare. Thanks to the technical
genius of a member named Anthony from http://forum.notebookreview.com/,
I was able to get all the drivers. Here's some information to help
you along your way...

Here is some more information on reasons to avoid Vista:

--
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/423

Old September 15th 07, 11:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
LadyIce

Hey there,
I just read that you were able to get all the drivers. Would it be
possible for you to e-mail them to me as I just can't find anything on
the net for these.
Thanks

Old September 16th 07, 06:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

LadyIce wrote:
Hey there,
I just read that you were able to get all the drivers. Would it be
possible for you to e-mail them to me as I just can't find anything on
the net for these.
Thanks

http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...t=ML3706+winxp

Paul
Old September 20th 07, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Zoned

I received a few requests for the drivers, so I posted them on this
website:

http://www.anthum.com/files/gateway_ml3706_laptop/

Hope that helps.

Old September 27th 07, 04:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Jestes wielki czlowieku

Old November 3rd 07, 04:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
gurutecho

Your awsome!!! i went to your link & downloaded the drivers & they
worked!!!

WINDOWS VISTA SUCKS!!!! (for now atleast)

I STILL LIKE WINDOWS XP SP2!!

Thanks again