"Feedback" in speakers

Old March 13th 06, 06:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default "Feedback" in speakers

I've never run across anything like this before. It seems as if when
the components inside my pc heat up, I can 'hear' HD activity via my PC
speakers. Almost as if something werent grounded properly. If your
familiar with car audio, it reminds me of what happens when speaker
lines are run too close to power lines.

But I digress, I've checked all that stuff (shot in the dark)

What else may cause that?

Old March 13th 06, 01:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Yes, its built in audio. I havent swapped it with another card yet just
because I don't have one. I'll take it apart again and try to find
where that may be taking place, thanks oscar.

Old March 13th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've never run across anything like this before. It seems as if when
the components inside my pc heat up, I can 'hear' HD activity via my PC
speakers. Almost as if something werent grounded properly. If your
familiar with car audio, it reminds me of what happens when speaker
lines are run too close to power lines.

But I digress, I've checked all that stuff (shot in the dark)

What else may cause that?

Turn off computer and unplug it. Remove all expansion cards (audio, video,
whatever) and reinstall them. Remove and reinstall all RAM boards. Remove
and reseat all cables that attach to the mainboard. I'd be surprised if
this doesn't fix the problem. -Dave

Old March 13th 06, 04:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've never run across anything like this before. It seems as if when
the components inside my pc heat up, I can 'hear' HD activity via my PC
speakers. Almost as if something werent grounded properly. If your
familiar with car audio, it reminds me of what happens when speaker
lines are run too close to power lines.

But I digress, I've checked all that stuff (shot in the dark)

What else may cause that?

I used to have that problem when the "line in" setting on my Creative sound
card was set high. When I turned that down, the problem went away. I had
tv card audio plugged into the "line in". Hope this helps.

Old March 13th 06, 06:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've never run across anything like this before. It seems as if when
the components inside my pc heat up, I can 'hear' HD activity via my PC
speakers. Almost as if something werent grounded properly. If your
familiar with car audio, it reminds me of what happens when speaker
lines are run too close to power lines.

But I digress, I've checked all that stuff (shot in the dark)

What else may cause that?

I had a similar issue with a Biostar motherboard - I could hear HDD
activity, clicks from the mouse wheel, and even a background noise that
increased when the CPU was under any load (I could hear it thinking!) It
started after I upgraded my AGP card to an FX5950, so I thought that was
responsible.
I put up with it for a year - but the solution for me was simple. I just
muted line-in on the on-board audio and all was then quiet. Must have been
some issue with the line-in circuitry not being shielded properley...
Graham

Old March 14th 06, 05:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I've also had feedback issues when the line-in port of some of my
onboard audio systems inadvertently makes contact with the case which
seemingly picked up all the ambient noises going on around the thing. I
also would second Dave's (Mike T.) suggestion. Also to elaborate you can
try powering on the system by adding only the necessary hardware to get
into Windows + one of the seconardy pieces (extra RAM, extrac hard
drives, extra optical drives, PCI cards, etc.). Hopefully you can also
see what part is giving you issues if it is indeed a secondary piece of
hardware.

--
Shinnokxz - http://www.coryhansen.com
"I'm sorry. It's time for you to go." spoke the Gord.
Old March 14th 06, 05:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

In article . net,
Jonny says...
Sometimes, seems like a weather thing, can hear a spanish speaking radio
station over the speakers in the wee hours. No, I don't have a AM/FM
receiver adapter in the PC.

Get a ferrite rod/ring and wrap the speaker cables round it.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.