problem capturing sound with my voodoo 3500tv card and related sb16 prob.

Old September 9th 03, 08:48 PM
snuh

Default problem capturing sound with my voodoo 3500tv card and related sb16 prob.

i have a voodoo 3500tv card and am using adobe premiere 5 to capture
video., and audio. there is no problem with the video, but i will not
capture audio. i received the card from used from a source that is
extremely reliable that has confirmed that the sound works, but my
troubleshooting has not been able to solve the problem. does anyone
have the manual on this card, or know wher i can obtain a copy of it,
or know what piece i my be missing to connect the sb16 card with the
capture card. even some simple instructions might be helpful.

also, i have a soundblaster 16 card for my pc - an amd k6-2 board -
with a 550 processor. every time i shutdown the computer, the card
kicks out. when i restart the computer, the computer gets to the
windows 98 screen and stalls for about 5 minutes and then restarts in
safe mode. in control panel, the sound card has a yello question mark
beside it, saying there were problems with it on starting, generic
error message. ive followed all instructions that the computer
suggests to no avail. if i unistall the card in control panel manually
before i shutdown, the computer starts fine, and then re-install the
driver upon reboot. however, when asked if i want to restart the
computer to finish installation, i have to say no, the sound icon
appears in the system tray and the sound works fine. ive tried the
card in both slots. everything workd just fine until about 7 months
ago i hada virus on my computer and i was forced to format every drive
- ever since then, the card gradually began to have trouble upon
startup.

but the soundcard works. what could the problem be? and better yet,
the solution?