Calling any Logitech Dinovo / MX900 owners

Old April 2nd 04, 03:19 PM
Monkeys

Default Calling any Logitech Dinovo / MX900 owners

Installed a Logitech Dinovo keyboard and mouse (MX900)(Bluetooth) on a
previously AOK XP Home SP1. Before I start, I'm using the latest software
from logitechs site and I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling.

Could anyone advise if the following is normal:
1. When hitting standby on the keyboard (or standby from start/shutdown) the
PC does nothing for ~12 seconds then goes into standby. Previously with a
corded keyboard/mouse this was instantaneous.
2. When starting or coming out of standby it takes anything 30+ seconds to
recognise the keyboard and mouse. Previously with a corded keyboard/mouse
this was instantaneous.
3. Even after the above the keyboard is not recognised until you start
typing - nothing appears for 5+ seconds and then suddenly it 'catches up'.

Other problems:
1. Setting the 'email notification' screwed Outlook 2003's 'Exchange
Extensions' registry entry. (Hex 00 00 05 00).
2. The 'startup message' entered does not appear on the media centre.
3. When coming out of standby I now have to 'rescan' for the wireless
network, 2 times out of 3.

Minor issues, some of which may be normal, but irritating.

Note that under device manager, I have the following:
Human Interface Devices:
Bluetooth Virtual HID Keyboard
Bluetooth Virtual HID Keyboard
Bluetooth Virtual HID Mouse
HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
HID-compliant device
USB Human Interface Device
USB Human Interface Device

Keyboards:
HID Keyboard Device
HID Keyboard Device
HID Keyboard Device
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mice and other pointing devices:
HID-Compliant Mouse
Logitech MX900 Bluetooth Optical Mouse

I've removed most of these devices, but they reinstall after a reboot.

Old April 6th 04, 10:56 AM
Hans Kristian Rønning

Hi,

I've got the Logitech Dinovo kit also with the latest software from
logitech. I'm having the same problems as you are, the most irritating of
them all is the slow response when you try to type on the keyboard. Have you
found anything on Logitechs web that can fix this ?? I cant find anything
good on their site.

I'll answer your questions one by one to compare..

Could anyone advise if the following is normal:
1. When hitting standby on the keyboard (or standby from start/shutdown)

the
PC does nothing for ~12 seconds then goes into standby. Previously with a
corded keyboard/mouse this was instantaneous.

Same with me..

2. When starting or coming out of standby it takes anything 30+ seconds to
recognise the keyboard and mouse. Previously with a corded keyboard/mouse
this was instantaneous.

I dont think i waited as long as 30 sec..

3. Even after the above the keyboard is not recognised until you start
typing - nothing appears for 5+ seconds and then suddenly it 'catches up'.

Big problem here to.. :-(

Other problems:
1. Setting the 'email notification' screwed Outlook 2003's 'Exchange
Extensions' registry entry. (Hex 00 00 05 00).

I did not try this .. the email notification dont seem to work at all..

2. The 'startup message' entered does not appear on the media centre.

Same with me...

3. When coming out of standby I now have to 'rescan' for the wireless
network, 2 times out of 3.

I dont use a wireless network yet, but i'm planning to do so.. so if this
screws up the dinovo i'll go back to my regular keyboard and mice!! :-\

[...]

All these devices are in my hardware list to..
I'm also using winXP with sp1..
Notify me if you find any solutions, sorry for bad english..

-Hans Kristian(Norway)

Logitech diNovo Bluetooth to PS/2 KVM switch? Frank General 0 January 30th 04 10:46 PM
Logitech MX900 TDS General 0 January 24th 04 08:22 PM
Logitech Desktop MX900 mouse problems Geir Ingulstad General 8 January 23rd 04 09:33 AM
trouble with logitech mx 700 mouse and equip kvm switch Andreas Bittner General 2 October 13th 03 11:34 PM