Recovery discs

Old September 14th 08, 12:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Jim[_27_]

Default Recovery discs

I recently upgraded my hard drive on an ACER Aspire 3002LCi.

Wanting to make the system a dual boot I tried to activate the recovery
discs. The originals from Acer. No go.

What is the secret to getting them to install? Do I need to have the
contents of the recovery partition in place first?

Old September 14th 08, 12:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Wandering

You put your finger on it. The CD simply is a way to access the actual data
stored on the recovery partition. If it is not there, nothing will happen.

You can use disk cloning software like Acronis to copy the original hard
drive to the new one. Then you can adjust partitions and such from the new
drive once it can boot.

Good luck.

Old September 14th 08, 01:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS[_8_]

uh, no........

"Jim" wrote in message
I recently upgraded my hard drive on an ACER Aspire 3002LCi.

Wanting to make the system a dual boot I tried to activate the recovery
discs. The originals from Acer. No go.

What is the secret to getting them to install? Do I need to have the
contents of the recovery partition in place first?

Data Recovery on Memory Stick (USB Disk - USB Recovery) Photo-man Storage (alternative) 0 April 24th 06 06:30 PM
DVD-RAM discs Martin ©¿©¬ @REMOVETHIS.plus.com Cdr 7 April 4th 05 01:15 AM
CD-RW discs Martin Lynch General 3 October 31st 04 11:40 PM
99 min discs Martin ©¿©¬ Cdr 2 August 31st 03 08:03 AM
CD-RW discs... Anonymous Joe Cdr 0 August 23rd 03 02:17 AM