K8N No Post, No Beeps

Old September 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default K8N No Post, No Beeps

On 13 Jul 2006 17:10:23 -0700, "tom" wrote:

My computer (ASUS K8N, Athlon64 3000+, 1GB Crucial) locked up for no
apparent reason today. On the next boot, the fans spun but I got no
beeps and no video (no POST or any screen).

I removed the memory to test the system's capacity to beep, and it
didn't beep when powered on. The system has always given me the normal
boot-up single beep, so I know the speaker works.

I pulled the processor, and everything looked okay.

Really stuck on my next move. What would you check?

1. Measure power supply voltages.
2. Clear CMOS RAM.
3. Listen to hard disk when you turn on power; if spindle motor does
not turn on, then motherboard is stuck in reset state.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the motherboard was bad, and a
replacement from ASUS solved the problem. Yes, the least likely thing
to go wrong can actually go wrong.