P4P800-E Deluxe - No boot beeps after BIOS upgrade

Old January 11th 05, 06:22 PM
Gaia's Avenger

Default P4P800-E Deluxe - No boot beeps after BIOS upgrade

The beep at bootup stopped after I flashed to
1004.001 The speaker works, 2 weeks ago I
downloaded an XP update, the beep reappeared
after the next boot, but not since then.

The computer works fine, but I wonder what happened to the beeps?

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe BIOS 1004.001
P4 Prescott 2.8Ghz
1GB, 512x2, Dual Channel Infineon CAS 2.5
Radeon LE 32MB
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watt w/active PFC
80 GB WD800JB IDE HD
Liteon 52X CD-RW
3COM hardware PCI modem
--------------------------------

I gave up trying to use an external serial modem
on this board, both modems I tried caused Win 2K
to freeze whenever I clicked modem diagnostics
or "connect". Asus tech support was no help,
their solution was to try XP. I did that, but then I got
reboots instead of freezes. I tried 2 different mainboards,
2 different brands of external dialup modems,
2 different video cards, 2 different power supplies.
+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://johnnyasia.info

"I say play your own way. Don't play what the public wants. You play what
you want and let the public pick up on what you're doing even if it does take
them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk