PB 420 mobo BIOS update

Old December 6th 03, 09:40 PM
Elector

"First Last" wrote in message
I join the Microsoft Corporation, Ben Meyers, and many others in my
preference to top post. (Please don't attempt to suggest that

anything is
"allowed" or "disallowed" on an un-moderated list.) This is why they

make
vanilla and chocolate. IF you don't like it, don't read my messages!

In OE,
the "kill file" is a message rule, and the rule disposes of messages
according to how I create the rule. In the case of elector, I found

his
language and bullying beyond belief and created a rule that took

anything
from him, marked it as read and deleted it. However, if anyone

responded to
anything he wrote, depending upon how judicious they were in

editing, some
might come through. As everybody knows, no system is perfect and

sometimes
unexpected things happen. If you think that character is friendly,

then we
have different definitions of the word. Again, chocolate and

vanilla.
Finally, if you wish to chat about net etiquette, is this really the

place?
If you wish to lurk or post here, there, or on your alt.kooks ng, be

my
guest. I'll read and post on the ngs that are of interest to me.

Thanks.
FWIW, when you respond -- even in a thread -- to something that is

not
mainstream to the group, courtesy dictates putting the label "(OT)"

(for off
topic) into the subject line. Again, thanks for your opinion.

It would seem that *You are a sock* for the RTFM troll, or you are him
under yet another persona. In any case it matters not to me.
The reference to the Microsoft Corporation was posted by me, google
can show that. So your a shill.

This is not a list, it is a public newsgroup. Please learn the
difference if your going to post drivel here. A list is a email or BBS
service for the discussion of any topic of interest.(Which you ask to
become a member of) This is a news (usenet) forum which anyone with
any type of news reader can access as long as the ISP carries this or
any other group. SLURN and Pine and other readers are not set up for
top posting and html, and even Ben Myers said that HTML was not a
standard to be used here so please lets not fall in love with Ben
Myers again. He was sick to death of the last round of socks and
trolls. And the other troll was in love with him also so please don't
give yourself away.

And in OE the kill file is a simple "block sender" I would be glad to
show you how to use it, at any time.

You found what language beyond belief? You found the truth hard to
take. That is what you really could not stand.

And if you top post or bottom post really makes no mind, because the
reader has the control based on content and knowledge. In that case
you and your love of the other troll or maybe its you again since kook
boy posted as Barbara Lopez, and a few other names which the regulars
here can attest to and of which google can show to be the truth. Again
I have no time for your drivel. You can post to this group and folks
here will ignore you. I don't care how many names you morph into the
proof of your folly is decided by the written words.

I don't need any credibility since my long standing in this group
shows my mettle on this matter. (And I have been here since the group
started)

And (OT) may or may not be used, again since this is not a moderated
newsgroup and the charter long ago predates the alt.charters group its
a matter of preference. So please don't lecture the other guy on what
to do or not do. I don't find credibility in a person that under this
present persona has posted less than 30 usenet messages. But we know,
don't we?

Elector

Old December 7th 03, 02:56 PM
Louie

Dang, guys, I didn't mean to start a war. g BTW, it's supposed to be
bottom post. IIRC, it's been that way for the last 15-20 years (I've been
with computers, NG's, BBS's and the 'net at *least* that long, maybe
longer). But, I suppose (to quote Captain Kirk), "Fresh faces, new
ideas...be tolerant" or something similar. To me, doesn't matter. I've
gotten used to newbies doing both. g Please don't take this post as
bitching. I'm just kidding and no offence intended to *anyone*.

Be seeing you,

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA

eat the flies to email

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old December 7th 03, 03:23 PM
First Last

Louie:

Do not be concerned, nothing you wrote was even remotely inappropriate. This
group just suffers from PMS. I watched a most amazing exchange earlier this
year. Remember the mountain troll that smashed the bathroom in Harry Potter?
He lives on this NG and thinks he owns this NG. g Top-post away! I love my
OE g

"Louie" wrote

Old December 7th 03, 04:10 PM
Louie

"First Last" wrote in message
Louie:

Do not be concerned, nothing you wrote was even remotely inappropriate.

This
group just suffers from PMS. I watched a most amazing exchange earlier

this
year. Remember the mountain troll that smashed the bathroom in Harry

Potter?
He lives on this NG and thinks he owns this NG. g Top-post away! I love

my
OE g

snip

LOL, I noticed the moon's almost full. Ya think maybe that has something to
do with it? bg Come to think of it, the old lady has been in an ugly
mood, too. bseg Have a good one.
--
Be seeing you,

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA

eat the flies to email

---

Old December 7th 03, 05:12 PM
Elector

"First Last" wrote in message
"Louie" wrote

[...]

As for Louie, that is absolutely correct. he did not offend me or
anyone else. For the other part let me explain something what you
witnessed the earlier part of the year *was the removal of yet another
troll by me* I have done this duty since the days this group was
founded. And it was founded for one purpose and that to assist the
owners and users of Packard Bell computers.

Granted the majority of the folks here more than likely don't even
have them anymore other than for door stops. But the friendships that
were formed here over the years continues to this day.

I never claimed to own this group. I am like the guardian of *time* in
the old Star Trek series. Top posting or bottom posting makes no never
mind as long as the intent is there to help. Not trolls or socks for
trolls. Read the archives my statements are quickly verified.

I have never attacked without provocation. Look it up with your OE g
and see the results.

Look at the *kooks and trolls* I have taken care of over the years.
They came not to help, they came to disrupt and annoy. Sad but true.
But as another poster stated, if not for the chasing away of these
*disruptors and trolls* the group would not be a group at all.

And face it we all don't live forever, so hopefully others will take
up the standard after I am gone.

And son there is only one troll and a few socks on this group and *I
am not it* so please don't talk foolish. People don't listen to fools.

Elector

Old December 7th 03, 05:47 PM
First Last

ROFL. Louie, you could be onto something with the full moon. PMS and the
mountain troll comes out here. LOL. Remember this day of infamy, and
tomorrow is the day we lost Lennon.
-----
Sign me, Top Poster

"Louie" wrote, "LOL, I noticed the moon's almost full. Ya

Old December 7th 03, 06:26 PM
Elector

"First Last" wrote in message
"Louie" wrote, "LOL, I noticed the moon's almost

full. Ya
think maybe that has something to do with it? bg Come to think

of it,
the old lady has been in an ugly mood, too. bseg Have a good

one. -- "

ROFL. Louie, you could be onto something with the full moon. PMS and

the
mountain troll comes out here. LOL. Remember this day of infamy, and
tomorrow is the day we lost Lennon.
-----
Sign me, Top Poster

And learn how to quote, "Alwyn"