Dynamically overclock 6800GT?

Old June 19th 07, 05:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
jimboblaschoomer

Default Dynamically overclock 6800GT?

I've a WinFast A400 GT (or, in everyday terms, a 6800GT)
that I run overclocked at 405MHz. Is there any way I can have
it dynamically overclocked to that maximum without it constantly
running at that speed?

It has never given me any grief at 405MHz, but I'm trying to
reduce my carbon footprint and my attention has now turned
to my rig. (Cool 'n' Quiet does a decent job of managing the
overclocked AMD 3500+, and now I'm trying to tackle the
GPU without loosing the in-game performace I've come to
demand.)

After the GPU I'll be looking to see if there's anything I can
achieve with the Antec PSU before throwing a fan controller in
there at one time or another. Anyway, any and all feedback
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all.

Old June 19th 07, 05:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

jimboblaschoomer wrote:

[...]

Let's forget that you arrived late to the environmental party and
embrace the fact that you showed up at all.

To answer your question, your video card already has 'dynamic
overclocking' in the sense that it has differing 2D vs. 3D core GPU
speeds, saving you worry and hassle.

If you like worry and hassle, you can use nVidias new control panel
which has a very cryptic and temperamental method to assign specific
operating conditions (such as adjusting all manner of electrical
operational parameters in your system, how many depends on your system)
based on what application you are currently using.

If you really want to reduce your carbon footprint, plant a tree. Your
PC has negligible impact on the environment between the time of
manufacture and time of disposal. Here's a link for you to read while
you unwring your hands.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/computers.html
Old June 19th 07, 05:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

jimboblaschoomer wrote:
I've a WinFast A400 GT (or, in everyday terms, a 6800GT)
that I run overclocked at 405MHz. Is there any way I can have
it dynamically overclocked to that maximum without it constantly
running at that speed?

It has never given me any grief at 405MHz, but I'm trying to
reduce my carbon footprint and my attention has now turned
to my rig. (Cool 'n' Quiet does a decent job of managing the
overclocked AMD 3500+, and now I'm trying to tackle the
GPU without loosing the in-game performace I've come to
demand.)

After the GPU I'll be looking to see if there's anything I can
achieve with the Antec PSU before throwing a fan controller in
there at one time or another. Anyway, any and all feedback
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all.

You can find references in Google, to "2D" and "3D" clock.
When you game, a different clock setting is used, than otherwise.
It gives me the impression it is already dynamic. Just a matter
of dialing the numbers.

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.co...c9fc1db898af96

There are articles that happen to mention 2D and 3D clocks. This
one is for an ATI card. The other one shows a tool working with
a Nvidia card.

http://www.techpowerup.com/printrevi...iamond/X1900XT
http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?t=192

Paul

I am trying to get TV from my 6800GT Terry Nvidia Videocards 1 July 18th 06 03:40 AM
GB 6800GT 256 vs Leadtek 6800GT 128 Dragoncarer Nvidia Videocards 8 June 22nd 05 09:38 PM
6800GT thinman Nvidia Videocards 13 April 21st 05 01:48 AM
EQ FPS and 6800GT Seeq Endestroi Nvidia Videocards 0 November 3rd 04 02:50 AM
Problems with Dynamically reconfigured disks. Schmuck Storage & Hardrives 0 April 15th 04 11:06 PM