XP2100+

Old June 25th 03, 09:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Soupladel

Default XP2100+

Ok, I have pretty much worked out that if i buy a Athlon XP 2100+ then i can
just install without modding it into my Abit KT7(non a) and it should run,
but what I know want to know is how to tell the differemve between a "B"
core T/Bred and an "A" core T/bred.

I would assume that it is identified on the chip itself (in the long number
that contains the max speed etc...) but which part of the number is the
identifier?

Soupladel

Old June 25th 03, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Soupladel

"Soupladel" wrote in message
Ok, I have pretty much worked out that if i buy a Athlon XP 2100+ then i

can
just install without modding it into my Abit KT7(non a) and it should run,
but what I know want to know is how to tell the differemve between a "B"
core T/Bred and an "A" core T/bred.

I would assume that it is identified on the chip itself (in the long

number
that contains the max speed etc...) but which part of the number is the
identifier?

Soupladel

Would the XP 2200+ do the same job in a kt7(non a) as the 2100+ ?

Soupladel

Old June 25th 03, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:26:46 +0000, Soupladel wrote:

Ok, I have pretty much worked out that if i buy a Athlon XP 2100+ then i
can just install without modding it into my Abit KT7(non a) and it should
run, but what I know want to know is how to tell the differemve between a
"B" core T/Bred and an "A" core T/bred.

If you're buying off the web, they should say Bcore or give a stepping of
AxxxB, Instead of AxxxA. Here's one for sure.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...fer=pricewatch

I would assume that it is identified on the chip itself (in the long
number that contains the max speed etc...) but which part of the number is
the identifier?

This might help too.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips00173/

Old June 25th 03, 10:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:46:45 +0000, Soupladel wrote:

Would the XP 2200+ do the same job in a kt7(non a) as the 2100+ ?

As long as it's a B core. The 2400+ will work too. You'd have to mod the
Barton (2500+) though.
Old June 25th 03, 11:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Soupladel

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2003.06.25.21.41.29.275118@SICKOFSPAMveri zon.net...
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:26:46 +0000, Soupladel wrote:

Ok, I have pretty much worked out that if i buy a Athlon XP 2100+ then i
can just install without modding it into my Abit KT7(non a) and it

should
run, but what I know want to know is how to tell the differemve between

"B" core T/Bred and an "A" core T/bred.

If you're buying off the web, they should say Bcore or give a stepping of
AxxxB, Instead of AxxxA. Here's one for sure.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...70&refer=price
watch

I would assume that it is identified on the chip itself (in the long
number that contains the max speed etc...) but which part of the number

is
the identifier?

This might help too.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips00173/

just ordered an XP 2400+

I really hope this bloddy thing works!!!!

Soupladel

Old June 26th 03, 08:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Soupladel

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2003.06.26.02.54.00.33052@SICKOFSPAMveriz on.net...
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:19:11 +0000, Soupladel wrote:

just ordered an XP 2400+

I really hope this bloddy thing works!!!!

Don't worry. it will.

Well got me 2400+ and it works.

took a lot of fidgeting, installed it and it wouldn't boot, in fact it would
power up, cleared the cmos, still wouldn't power change it back to the 1GHz
Tbird, still wouldn't power, eventually it did boot so i set the bios to
default speed, changed it back to the 2400+ and voila 2GHz T/Bred bcore.

Soupladel