Garbled Bios Screen on bootup - Asus A8V - Issue with Matrox P650 - Windows Fix File Won't run

Old January 1st 06, 11:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

Default Garbled Bios Screen on bootup - Asus A8V - Issue with Matrox P650 - Windows Fix File Won't run

See thread below - any advice???

The problem is noted below. I am having the same problem. The support rep,
Saad, failed to answer the question. I updated my bios of the Asus A8V , but
cannot run the Windows fix - I get the same error as noted below. Saad's
advice is a Catch 22 since teh fix itself cannot be run. Please advise.

"I tried to run SystemLogoFix.exe or SystemLogoColorFix.exe (included in-
the latest BIOS package) but I get an error in a pop up as follows:

"MTXVXD" services couldn't be loaded

Joined: 25 Nov 2005

error running SystemLogoFix.exe

I am getting a new system up and running and am having the corrupt boot
screen problem that others are having.

I read some other posts regarding this problem and used a regular AGP card
to setup the motherboard BIOS (also upgraded to latest non-beta BIOS) and
installed windows XP Pro SP2. The new BIOS for the A8V Deluxe no longer
offers an option to not show the full screen boot graphic.

After Windows was installed I installed the P750 and loaded the latest
driver off the Matrox website, backed up my P750 BIOS, and loaded latest
BIOS 2.5 - 46 to the P750.

After all this, in Windows the card seems to function perfectly (2 CRTs and
one DVI LCD in a 3 monitor stretched setup).

I tried to run SystemLogoFix.exe or SystemLogoColorFix.exe (included in the
latest BIOS package) but I get an error in a pop up as follows:

"MTXVXD" services couldn't be loaded

Any ideas what I can do here?

I could keep a basic AGP card around for the odd time I need to get at the
motherboard BIOS, but that is a less than ideal solution for sure...

Thanks for any help.

Evan

Back to top

Saad
Matrox

Joined: 29 Feb 2000

Hello Evan,

This is a known issue and has been reported.
For now, what I would suggest is that you
- go to http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...s/prv_bios.cfm and
download the Sysutil_1805.exe package.
- extract the contents of this folder into its default path
- go into the extracted folder and run the SystemColorFix.exe and the
SystemLogoColorFix.exe

This should do it for you...
_________________

Best Regards,

Saad
Matrox Graphics
Tech_Support Supervisor

Old January 5th 06, 11:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

In article , "John Smith"
wrote:

See thread below - any advice???

The problem is noted below. I am having the same problem. The support rep,
Saad, failed to answer the question. I updated my bios of the Asus A8V , but
cannot run the Windows fix - I get the same error as noted below. Saad's
advice is a Catch 22 since teh fix itself cannot be run. Please advise.

"I tried to run SystemLogoFix.exe or SystemLogoColorFix.exe (included in-
the latest BIOS package) but I get an error in a pop up as follows:

"MTXVXD" services couldn't be loaded

snip

If you look in either SystemLogoFix or SystemLogoColorFix (1904)
with a hex editor, there are the following strings:

IsWow64Process
GetNativeSystemInfo
\System\MtxVxd.dll
\System\MtxVxd.vxd
\System32\MtxVxd.dll
\SysWOW64\MtxVxd.dll
\System32\drivers\MtxVxd.sys
Wow64Revert --- Wow64 is 32 bit emulation in WinXP64...
Wow64FsRedirection
Wow64Disable
Wow64FsRedirection
MtxWrapMutex
MtxWrapData
MtxVxd.dll

The various flavors of MtxVxd above, would correspond to different
Windows operating systems. The "Mtx" part stands for Matrox.
This could be a file that is installed when you install the video
drivers ? The thread in the Matrox forum said it was put there by
the BIOS software, but I doubt it. Maybe the clever Matrox
guys changed the name of the MtxVxd in a later driver release,
and didn't go back and fix SystemLogoFix.

Use "find" on the computer, and see if there are any MtxVxd
files on there. Keep copies of any SystemLogoFix files
in a safe place, uninstall your current Matrox software, and
start trying old versions until you return to the first driver
release for P650 (whatever that is). Maybe eventually you'll
run into a driver version that installs MtxVxd.xxx .

When I look at SystemLogoFix in sysutil_1805, I see

MtxVxd.dll
\System\MtxVxd.dll
\System\MtxVxd.vxd
\System32\MtxVxd.dll
\System32\drivers\MtxVxd.sys
MtxWrapMutex
MtxWrapData

Thus, sysutil_1805's version of SystemLogoFix doesn't support
WinXP64. It is still looking for something with MtxVxd in the
name though.

It would appear Matrox is moving postings regarding your problem
area into this thread. They say you can use 1904 to update the
video card BIOS, then use 1805's version of SystemLogoFix to
change the default mode of the video card. You could try posting
in this thread and see if they notice.

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopi...ndows&start=60

Paul

HDD Compatibility Samik R Homebuilt PC's 11 February 3rd 06 10:40 AM
msi geforce fx5500 can't handle newer games Maxx Taxx Nvidia Videocards 3 April 24th 05 10:28 AM
Newbie: OC Advice: AMDXP2200 CPU Donald Bock Overclocking AMD Processors 2 March 12th 05 12:14 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM