GeForce4 Ti4200 locks up in OpenGl only with the new drivers

Old January 25th 04, 12:44 PM
GreatShot

Default GeForce4 Ti4200 locks up in OpenGl only with the new drivers

Hi !

I have a Tornado(Inno3D) Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128Mo AGPx4.
My OpenGl games (Ennemy territory, Wolfenstein...) locks up with the new
official detonator drivers.

With the driver version 53.03 . These games lock up after 20s of play (hard
reset).
With the driver version 52.16. These games lock up immediately ! at the init
of the opengl coponents.
With the old driver version 45.33. These games Work fine !

It's strange, because the 2 first drivers are WHQL certified, not the third
that works fine.
My motherboard and video card are not overclocked,
In the BIOS a have reduced to the minimum the AGP values - same results.
3DMARK2003 works fine with these 3 versions.

My Config:
All drivers, OS, BIOS are up to date.
Windows XP Home SP1
MB : ASUS A7N8X-X with nForce2 chipset
512DDR
Athlon 2600+
Sound Blaster live !

Any Idea ?
Best Regards.

Old January 25th 04, 03:09 PM
SpyBorg

I'm also having the same problem with nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128Mb AGP 8x

i found only version 44.03 driver works for me, and that is not WHQL
certified either

I get an error report from windows telling me its a file called
'nvoglnt.dll'
apparently its something to do with OpenGL ?

Also i have been told that DirectX 9.0b may have conflicts with nVidia based
cards,
DirectX 9.0 has no conflicts im informed.

My system:
MB - Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro nForce 2 chipset (Duel Bios, latest Bios, F12)
(Duel DDR RAM)
1Gb DDR RAM
AMD 2800+
Windows XP Pro w/SP1
On-board sound.

Hope some1 can help us both out, sounds like the same problem whatever it
is.

Thanks

Stu

Old January 25th 04, 06:58 PM
GreatShot

It's strange we are only 2 guys having this problem in the world ?
may be due to the nForce2 driver (latest version : 3.13) ?

Yes 'nvoglnt.dll' is the OpenGL driver. XP doesn't report me this lock up
because it was locked up too.

You have the 44.03 version , DL the 45.33 version on
http://www.gweb.me.uk/gweb/chk/chk_nv.htm
I haven't found other drivers between 45.33 and 52.16

Note:
I have installed the version 53.03 and have remplaced the 'nvoglnt.dll' file
by the file of the version 45.33,
that doesn't work (sight !)

Who much money NVidia gives to Microsoft to obtain certified drivers ?
A new driver MUST BE better the previous one.

I have spent enough time for this bug.
Next buy : I will try ATI video card

Thanks for your reply SpyBorg

Have a look about NVidia and Futurmark :
http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20030219/index.html

Old January 27th 04, 12:44 AM
dorkus.erectus

"GreatShot" wrote in message
[...]

IMHO, (and some other's in this group and other forums I've read), the 45.23
are the most stable for any flavor of Ti4200. (Mine is a Gainward 64 MB).
I may be wrong, but aren't 5X.XX drivers optimized for DX9 hardware? I tried
one (don't remember which) and it gave me fits.
After installing DX9, I ran into many problems that required me to go to a
backed up image that has DX8 and all was fine.
Just my experience. Your mileage will vary.

Rick