TV Out Problems With Radeon 9000 Equipped Laptop Playing Rented DVDs - PLEASE HELP - TIA

Old November 20th 03, 05:48 PM
ShokWaveRider

Default TV Out Problems With Radeon 9000 Equipped Laptop Playing Rented DVDs - PLEASE HELP - TIA

I am having a hell of a time playing rented DVDs trough my laptop to the
TV. THe Desktop displays OK but any DVD information is Blank (Black
screen) I tried Power DVD and WinDVD and both do the same thing. The
regular computer desktop shows OK but any video content in regular or
full screen mode is just blank data. It is fine on the Laptop screen
itself. I travel a lot and like to watch videos in a hotel but I cannot
get them to work into the S-Video Port of a TV. I am sure it is
something to do with Macrovision or the ATI driver prohibiting content
from getting to the TV.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Old November 20th 03, 06:25 PM
ShokWaveRider

That does not work either. I get the complete picture as it is displayed
on the Laptop but no Video content. Just the border of PowerDVD and
where the movie is actually displaying on the Laptop screen it is blank
on the TV. The ATI driver appears to be blocking the signal to the TV.
I have heard of others having this problem. It is something to do with
the encryption. There MUST be a hack for the driver to fix this.

SWR
Old November 21st 03, 04:02 AM
Vellu

Hmm....you are using plain clone mode? (that is, desktop on TV)
Video-overlay WILL NOT show on secondary display in clone mode. You need to
enable "Theatre mode" in Catalyst options "Overlay-clone mode options".

Old November 21st 03, 05:14 AM
ShokWaveRider

Where do I find the Clone Mode and Catalyst???? I have looked everywhere
in My ATI Advanced settings and I cannot find it. Basically I do
Properties, Settings Advanced and go through all the options. Nothing
that relates to that.

Please can you help further?

SWR

Old November 21st 03, 07:31 AM
ShokWaveRider

Catalyst Drivers are only for the AGP cards not the Mobile Radeon.
Old November 21st 03, 02:52 PM
Vellu

Non the less...the mobile driver option sheet looks the same (pretty much).
On the "Advanced-Displays" section, make sure the tv-out is enabled and
select "clone mode". Then go to "Overlay-clone mode options" (this i'm not
sure if it exists in laptop drivers) and select "Theatre mode".

"ShokWaveRider" wrote in message
.. .
Catalyst Drivers are only for the AGP cards not the Mobile Radeon.