great news from this end

Old November 23rd 04, 06:23 PM
MB_

Default great news from this end

Hey buddies, look at the great news I got (see the email sent to me below).

(ooooppppssss.... it says I have to keep this confidential; guess I don't
win after all and here I was going to share it with you guys!):

OZUXWINNERS INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY PROMOTION.
FROM:THE DESK OF THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
OZUXWINNERS LOTTO .INTER.L/PRIZE AWARD DEPT .
REF: OLW/00585360137/22. BATCH:77/55300/POV.
ATTN:CEO,
Sir/Madam,
We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Lottery Winners
International programs held on the 22nd of November,2004. Your e-mail
address attached to ticket number 436750991100654-88 with serial number
41100675,batch number 77/55300/POV. ,lottery ref number OLW/00585360137/22
and drew lucky number 4-9-17-36-44-78 which consequently won in the 1st
category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of US$1m.
(ONE MILLION, United States Dollars)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning
information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money
Remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double
claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants. All
participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over
40,000 company and 20,000,000 individual email addresses and names from all
over the world. This promotional program takes place every year. This
lottery was promoted and sponsored by Association of software producers. we
hope with part of your winning,you will take part in our next year US$2.5
million international lottery. To file for your claim, please contact our
fiducial agent with the following informations below,
MRS.AGATHA DENNIS
Email (REQUIREMENTS
1) FULL NAME AND ADDRESS
2)TELEPHONE NUMBER
3)FAX NUMBER (IF ANY)
4) REFERENCE AND BATCH NUMBER
5) SEX / AGE

Old November 23rd 04, 09:17 PM
Paul Schilter

MB-,
This has got to be fake!!! If it was for real they'd at least have to
have your social security number. :-)
Paul

"MB_" wrote in message
Hey buddies, look at the great news I got (see the email sent to me
below).

snipped

Old November 23rd 04, 09:53 PM
MB_

No Paul it's real. In fact, I've already sent them my $150. administration
fee and they said I will be getting my $$$. I believe the exact words were
"we will gladly pay you on Tuesday."

Mel

Old November 24th 04, 06:07 AM
S.Lewis

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast dot net wrote in message
MB-,
This has got to be fake!!! If it was for real they'd at least have to
have your social security number. :-)
Paul

So let me get this straight:

It's a "real-fake", or a "fake-fake". Or is it so preposterous as to be a
"real-fake-fake" ?

By all means, quit your job immediately.

Stew

Old November 24th 04, 07:29 PM
MB_

I've already quit my job and I just bought a big new house in anticipation
of my windfall.

Mel
. ..

Old November 24th 04, 10:46 PM
Paul Schilter

Mel,
Humor aside, I had a buddy who honestly believed that he had won the
"Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes" The promo they sent him was very
misleading. I've heard of others that started spending the money they
"thought" they had won. Sad really.
Paul

"MB_" wrote in message
I've already quit my job and I just bought a big new house in anticipation
of my windfall.

Mel
. ..

Old November 24th 04, 10:50 PM
Notan

Paul Schilter wrote:

Mel,
Humor aside, I had a buddy who honestly believed that he had won the
"Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes" The promo they sent him was very
misleading. I've heard of others that started spending the money they
"thought" they had won. Sad really.

Darwin strikes again.

Notan
Old November 25th 04, 12:49 AM
S.Lewis

"Notan" wrote in message
Paul Schilter wrote:

Mel,
Humor aside, I had a buddy who honestly believed that he had won the
"Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes" The promo they sent him was very
misleading. I've heard of others that started spending the money they
"thought" they had won. Sad really.

Darwin strikes again.

Notan

Not unlike most all the regulars in this group ( I suspect ), my mother told
me when I was about 6 that nothing is given to you free.

I immediately asked her if she was calling in the note on my bike.

Stew

Old November 25th 04, 02:31 PM
Paul Schilter

Stew,
There probably was a note attached to the bike, probably had something
to do with your ongoing good conduct, at least it was for my privileges. But
you're right, it that sense nothing is for free. :-)
Paul

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
. ..