What's the best memory module for gamming??? Memory experts read here...

Old May 31st 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default What's the best memory module for gamming??? Memory experts read here...

What's the best memory module for gamming???

I plan to spend about 150$ canadian on 2x512mb or 1gig of ram...

My specs a
a amd athlon 64bits 3200 on a asus board nf4 a8n5x with a memory
controller that support 50ns 60ns 70ns memory speed.

I would prefer to get the lowest timming as possible as it is known to
best perform on amd os

And i would like to know if there is alot of difference between 1gig
of low cost memorys vs expensive one.

Ie: the goods and the cons, beside garantie,reliability and brands.

TY.
Old May 31st 06, 06:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

* DDC:

What's the best memory module for gamming???

A good standard brand name module...

I plan to spend about 150$ canadian on 2x512mb or 1gig of ram...

My specs a
a amd athlon 64bits 3200 on a asus board nf4 a8n5x with a memory
controller that support 50ns 60ns 70ns memory speed.

If performance is your main issue then get 2x512MB because the nForce4
will run them in dual channel mode...

I would prefer to get the lowest timming as possible as it is known to
best perform on amd os

There is no "amd os". And it's not known that modules with lowest timing
perform best on an AMD system, that's utterly BS. The difference between
slower and faster modules is usually barely measureable and far from
being noticeable...

And i would like to know if there is alot of difference between 1gig
of low cost memorys vs expensive one.

Ie: the goods and the cons, beside garantie,reliability and brands.

Get good standard brand name modules from Micron/Crucial, Kingston or
MDT and you're set. Don't waste any money on "high speed" memory
modules, better invest some money to buy 2x1024MB instead of 2x512MB
which probably will give you the best performance...

Benjamin
Old May 31st 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

On Wed, 31 May 2006 07:43:52 +0200, Benjamin Gawert
wrote:

* DDC:

[...]

Then i shall chose kingston, whiout knowing how timming affect the os.
Also i shall chose something base on the fact that bigger is better.
haha. There were a lot of review concerning the amount of needed ram
for gaming and 1gig was enough un most case.

I was curious about low timming memory chip because in severals pdf of
crucial memory they compare regular memorys to their product witch is
"""better as they say""" plus they've set some benchmark comparaison
and its perform better in 3dmark, sysmark and sandra. So i'm curious
and asking for the correct information.

Finally do you have a link where there is 2x1024mb ram under 150$ like
i said?

ty.
Old May 31st 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

On Tue, 30 May 2006 22:59:40 -0400, DDC wrote:

|What's the best memory module for gamming???
|
|I plan to spend about 150$ canadian on 2x512mb or 1gig of ram...
|
|My specs a
|a amd athlon 64bits 3200 on a asus board nf4 a8n5x with a memory
|controller that support 50ns 60ns 70ns memory speed.
|
|I would prefer to get the lowest timming as possible as it is known to
|best perform on amd os
|
|And i would like to know if there is alot of difference between 1gig
|of low cost memorys vs expensive one.
|
|Ie: the goods and the cons, beside garantie,reliability and brands.
|

|TY.

Corsair XMS is a good start..

Pluvious

Old May 31st 06, 11:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

* DDC:

Then i shall chose kingston, whiout knowing how timming affect the os.

Timing doesn't affect the OS. It does affect the performance, but not
enough to notice any difference between standard RAM and high speed
memory...

Also i shall chose something base on the fact that bigger is better.
haha. There were a lot of review concerning the amount of needed ram
for gaming and 1gig was enough un most case.

Then the authors seem to get some updates on gaming. 1GB is minimum for
serious gaming today, but current games like FEAR, Oblivion or even the
older BF2 benefit a lot from at least 1.5GB. Buying 2x512MB means
limiting yourself when the next upgrade is due because lots of
mainboards have 3 memory slots only which means for having dual channel
memory you have to replace both 512MB modules with 1GB modules. Going
now to 2x 1GB is probably the better route, not only in terms of
performance but also price-wise...

I was curious about low timming memory chip because in severals pdf of
crucial memory they compare regular memorys to their product witch is
"""better as they say""" plus they've set some benchmark comparaison
and its perform better in 3dmark, sysmark and sandra. So i'm curious
and asking for the correct information.

Dou you have a computer for running games or for running benchmarks? Do
you have the exact system in the exact configuration like the one in the
manufacturers "reviews"? Have you actually tried to reproduce the
"results"? And do you really expect objective comparisons by the
manufacturers marketing ppl which main concern is to sell the expensive
overclocker RAM to some geeks?

Finally do you have a link where there is 2x1024mb ram under 150$ like
i said?

Nope, as I'm not in canada.

Benjamin
Old June 2nd 06, 11:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

wrote:

What's the best memory module for gamming???

I plan to spend about 150$ canadian on 2x512mb or 1gig of ram...

My specs a
a amd athlon 64bits 3200 on a asus board nf4 a8n5x with a memory
controller that support 50ns 60ns 70ns memory speed.

I would prefer to get the lowest timming as possible as it is known to
best perform on amd os

These days they recommend you go for 2 Gigs of ram for new games. So
I'd look into the 1Gig sticks. As for timing, you need to decide if
you want to run with fast timings at stock cpu speeds or overclock
with lower timings and faster memory eg PC4000 etc. Some people say
that brute force cpu speed is more important than cas 2.

I'd look for 1 Gig sticks that would let you run at 250-300mhz

Old June 2nd 06, 02:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

wrote:

What's the best memory module for gamming???

I plan to spend about 150$ canadian on 2x512mb or 1gig of ram...

My specs a
a amd athlon 64bits 3200 on a asus board nf4 a8n5x with a memory
controller that support 50ns 60ns 70ns memory speed.

I would prefer to get the lowest timming as possible as it is known to
best perform on amd os

These days they recommend you go for 2 Gigs of ram for new games. So
I'd look into the 1Gig sticks. As for timing, you need to decide if
you want to run with fast timings at stock cpu speeds or overclock
with lower timings and faster memory eg PC4000 etc. Some people say
that brute force cpu speed is more important than cas 2.

I'd look for 1 Gig sticks that would let you run at 250-300mhz

thanks but i will look for a straight 2x1gigs mem for around 120$
Canadian from Kingston. Its a pc3200 cas3 dual channel. i will match
that with my 2x512mb cheap infineon one as i have 4mem slot, or trash
that peace of **** if it doesn't work with the Kingston.

I just hope that Kingston doesn't use mosel chips or victolic one.

Whit that i wont have any message of windows saying that my virtual
memory is low after turning off battlefield2.