Presario 2700 buttons -- help!

Old February 12th 07, 11:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Max Jones

Default Presario 2700 buttons -- help!

Hi, I recently got a Presario 2700. I installed XP pro, and everything is
fine, except that the buttons at the top don't work. (For instance the
volume control buttons don't do anything and even the power button can't be
reprogrammed, it just shuts right off.)

I've looked all over but can't find a driver to fix this. Do I need the
original CD that came with this laptop?

Thanks in advance!

Max

Old February 12th 07, 12:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Max Jones

Oops. Just figured out that the volume keys are application specific. I
thought they would adjust the system volume.

I guess my real problem is that I want the power button to put the laptop
into standby mode, but instead it shuts right off. (However, when I choose
"ask me" instead of standby, it does do that.)

Thanks!

Max Jones no-email.please.com wrote in
36: