Aopen AK72 AMD 850

Old May 25th 04, 06:48 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

Default Aopen AK72 AMD 850

Why I put this thing back together I don't know, I got it to run 935 MHz
I cant seem to go any further, windows won't boot @ 978 MHz
Win98se
AMD Slot a Athlon 850MHz
Ram PC100 running 110, that's What Sisoftware Sandra reads it as.
Ati rage pro, with tv out. 4X Video 3.3v Old card, but it's ok.
27C/80F Idle
31.2C/86F
Sisoftware Sandra Burn-in 20 runs on cpu only, set @ high.
My other systems..
AMD 2200+ @ 2400+ 2.03 GHz
Intel P4 2.6 @ 3.05 almost 3.06
Soon, dual Xeon's but I'm starting to think I should've gotten AMD MP's
instead.
Seems almost Crazy to have so many computers.
AMD?
For one reason or another, some AMD's go faster with less. Less? (MHz/GHz)
I tested close to some of Intel's 1GHz CPU's with my 850 MHz @ 935 MHz
On a ram test I was close to Intel's Itanium 2 1.5 GHz CPU
On some tests I beat the Itanium 2, not by a lot.
7 More Mflops But the Itanium 2 beats me on Mips.
I'm starting to think I should be saving for AMD CPU's and let other ppl
have their Intel CPU's.
Any1 out there have their 850 any higher?
And how?
Denny. :-) Only huh? As old as I ,, º¢¬½¼?Ç$&($@! I Feel more like 10 Ha
Ha Ha.. :-)