just a question... :->

Old November 2nd 04, 09:00 PM
Michael Brown

Papcina wrote:
Hello there!
Is there any way to unlock the multiplier on Intel processors?
I know that on the new ones is possible

The last Intel CPU where you could change the multiplier was the Klamath
(used in the early P2's, the 233-350 MHz ones), though I think even those
were locked later in their production cycle. There's rumors that some German
remarkers managed to unlock a P2 350 IIRC, but I can't seem to find many
details on it.

Anyhow, any Intel CPU over about 500 MHz is locked. Nothing you can do about
it, and many people have tried. You can't unlock the new P4's either. What
you CAN do on two of them (the latest EE and the 2.8, or something like
that) is switch it between two multipliers: the "normal" one and a lower one
that it uses if the board doesn't say that it's power supply circuitry is up
to scratch.

but
I would be interested if someone experimented unlocking, precisely on
Celeron Tualatin 1.3GHz or on procs like that...
And if someone could help me to make the voltage pin mod on it to rise
the vcore...
I am using TUSL2-C mobo....

Please answer me...

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more

Old November 2nd 04, 09:08 PM
Papcina

Default just a question... :->

Hello there!
Is there any way to unlock the multiplier on Intel processors?
I know that on the new ones is possible but
I would be interested if someone experimented unlocking, precisely on
Celeron Tualatin 1.3GHz or on procs like that...
And if someone could help me to make the voltage pin mod on it to rise
the vcore...
I am using TUSL2-C mobo....

Please answer me...
--
http://www.suxadsl.tk
http://iloveht.eclub.lv/index.htm

Proud to be Papcina!!!!
e-mail:
Old November 2nd 04, 10:28 PM
Alexander Ferrari

No,No,No =)

I have a P4 Prescott 560, 3.6 ghz, with a Asus P5AD2 Premium. I can push the
Multiplier from 18x to 14x. So i have a fsb speed of 1066 mhz.

greez

Old November 2nd 04, 10:51 PM
Michael Brown

Alexander Ferrari wrote:
Michael Brown schrieb:
[...]
Anyhow, any Intel CPU over about 500 MHz is locked. Nothing you can
do about
it, and many people have tried. You can't unlock the new P4's
either. What you CAN do on two of them (the latest EE and the 2.8,
or something like that) is switch it between two multipliers: the
"normal" one and a lower one
that it uses if the board doesn't say that it's power supply
circuitry is up
to scratch.

No,No,No =)

I have a P4 Prescott 560, 3.6 ghz, with a Asus P5AD2 Premium. I can
push the Multiplier from 18x to 14x. So i have a fsb speed of 1066
mhz.

Yeah, but I bet you can't choose anything but 18x or 14x (ie: the CPU is
not unlocked). But yes, it looks like it's more widespread than just the two
most power-hungry chips. Ah, finally found the thread again ...
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=135333

[...]

Old November 3rd 04, 12:15 PM
Alexander Ferrari

I can only choose between 14x and 18x.
but i think this isn`t really bad for a intel cpu =)

"Michael Brown" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Alexander Ferrari wrote:
Michael Brown schrieb:
[...]
[...]

FSB question Ken Ruppel Overclocking AMD Processors 2 October 8th 04 08:37 PM
Printer question! Alon Brodski General 3 May 10th 04 05:13 AM
Memtest86 on Laptop Question (OT) Ken Fox Overclocking 7 February 5th 04 09:47 PM
Memory Question - outcome of exceeding the memory limits of a machine. John B. General 4 November 4th 03 12:25 PM
Question about LCD and CRT monitors (Samsung variety) Aaron Chan General 3 October 7th 03 02:04 PM