Dell Dimension 4600

Old July 28th 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jan

Default Dell Dimension 4600

Me again and the new power supply. My latest and last problem is the
screw holes for the new power supply are slightly off by just a wee bit
but enought I can't get the screws in. I am thinking I could drill the
holes out a little more? I always like to ask before going ahead in case
someone has a legit reason why I shouldn't. TIA.
--

Cheers!

Jan
Old July 29th 06, 05:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jay B

that's rediculous, never seen that on a power supply before unless you
got a compeltely wrong model.
make sure you keep the screws loose and get them all threaded before
tightening any of them.

Old July 29th 06, 05:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

All I can say is that the Dimension 4600 uses a standard form factor ATX-12V
power supply, 250w or higher wattage rating. The mounting holes on the chassis
are standard and they line up perfectly with a standard power supply.

Same is true for earlier models of the Dimension 4000-series (4400 or 4500),
Dimension 2000-series (2300, 2350, 2400), Dimension 8200/8250/8300, various
tower models of Precision (340 thru 360), and various models of Optiplex (GX240,
GX260)... Ben Myers