Windows 10? Who will upgrade from Win 8, from Win 7, from XP this month?

Old July 26th 15, 01:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Default Windows 10? Who will upgrade from Win 8, from Win 7, from XPthis month?

DevilsPGD wrote:
In the last episode of , Paul
said:

Actually, after posting that, I gave the dealer a call.

Turns out, *they have to replace the airbag a second time*.

Now, how's that for stupid ?

I'm not sure how that's stupid, it likely means that they found a new or
different defect than was previously fixed or that the old fix was
determined to be insufficient. It happens.

To me, it almost sounds like they put another Takata airbag
in the thing, on the first recall. One with the same ammonium nitrate
in it, and the same set of issues. This article gives extensive
chemistry info, on what is sitting a foot from your face.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/20/bu...isis.html?_r=0

"Ammonium nitrate cycles through five solid states. As the
vehicle goes from receiving the heat of sunshine to the cold
overnight, the temperature swing is large enough for the ammonium
nitrate to change from one phase to another, experts say. Ammonium
nitrate also absorbs moisture from the atmosphere readily. Those
two things together make ammonium nitrate tablets prone to damage,
experts say.

A focus in the mushrooming recalls has been that the airbags are
more susceptible to malfunction in high humidity areas."

The alternatives are sodium azide, as well
as guanidine nitrate and tetrazole. I'm feeling
safer already.

Here's a primer on sodium azide. Not all that good a choice,
which may explain the search for something else.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/sodiumaz...sics/facts.asp

I think I'd rather inflate my airbag with a foot pump :-)
It just takes a little longer.

Paul
Old September 22nd 15, 12:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

Default Windows 10

It occurred to me... With MS's privacy policy including the rights to
scan your email, they will
will know Everything about your online commerce activities (people,
products, and amounts), who your friends are, and the nature of your
relationships with them, and whether you are happy with your job, for
instance. That is all just WRONG? It should be illegal, maybe. Can we
say "boycott" loud enough? : )
Old September 22nd 15, 05:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 07:51:49 -0400, Bill wrote:

| It occurred to me... With MS's privacy policy including the rights to
| scan your email, they will
| will know Everything about your online commerce activities (people,
| products, and amounts), who your friends are, and the nature of your
| relationships with them, and whether you are happy with your job, for
| instance. That is all just WRONG? It should be illegal, maybe. Can we
| say "boycott" loud enough? : )

I use only local accounts on all my computers except the box I'm running Insider
Preview on (build 10547 now). Opted out of all MS connection except updates and
error reporting. And I still use Eudora for e-mail, which Windows 10 apparently
doesn't realize is an e-mail program. That and the fact I'm not doing anything on my
computers that would even remotely interest MS make me feel reasonably safe.

Larc
Old September 22nd 15, 07:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

Larc wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 07:51:49 -0400, Bill wrote:

| It occurred to me... With MS's privacy policy including the rights to
| scan your email, they will
| will know Everything about your online commerce activities (people,
| products, and amounts), who your friends are, and the nature of your
| relationships with them, and whether you are happy with your job, for
| instance. That is all just WRONG? It should be illegal, maybe. Can we
| say "boycott" loud enough? : )

I use only local accounts on all my computers except the box I'm running Insider
Preview on (build 10547 now). Opted out of all MS connection except updates and
error reporting. And I still use Eudora for e-mail, which Windows 10 apparently
doesn't realize is an e-mail program. That and the fact I'm not doing anything on my
computers that would even remotely interest MS make me feel reasonably safe.

I'm not sure it's about your "safety" as it is your right to "privacy".

Larc