Anybody ever tried a GPT to MBR system disk conversion?

Old September 13th 15, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Anybody ever tried a GPT to MBR system disk conversion?

There are apparently ways to do it without losing data. Several utilities claim the
ability, AOMEI Partition Assistant for one. A friend has a Lenovo laptop with a GPT
disk. It would be nice if he could reclaim the space used by the extra partitions
needed for GPT. I made the switch with my laptop, but I just deleted all the
existing partitions and created a new one for a clean Windows install. That plus
reinstalling all programs, drivers and data would require more time than I'll have if
I convert his.

If anybody here has done it, what with? And how did it go?

Larc