A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Homebuilt PC's
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Anybody ever tried a GPT to MBR system disk conversion?

Old September 13th 15, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Anybody ever tried a GPT to MBR system disk conversion?

There are apparently ways to do it without losing data. Several utilities claim the
ability, AOMEI Partition Assistant for one. A friend has a Lenovo laptop with a GPT
disk. It would be nice if he could reclaim the space used by the extra partitions
needed for GPT. I made the switch with my laptop, but I just deleted all the
existing partitions and created a new one for a clean Windows install. That plus
reinstalling all programs, drivers and data would require more time than I'll have if
I convert his.

If anybody here has done it, what with? And how did it go?

Larc