HALF FILLED cartridges in new printers?

Old August 25th 08, 05:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
007[_3_]

Default HALF FILLED cartridges in new printers?

Is it a true that all new printers come with half filled cartridges?
Old August 25th 08, 06:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

"007" wrote in message
Is it a true that all new printers come with half filled cartridges?

Epsons have always come with fully filled cartridges as far as I am aware.
However, by the time the print head chamber is filled with ink from charging
the first time the printer is used the consumer is not getting a full
cartridge's worth of ink as part of the ink remains in the print head
reservoir.
--
Jan Alter

Old August 25th 08, 06:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

007 wrote:
Is it a true that all new printers come with half filled cartridges?

No.

Canon comes with regular carts. I think that may be the case with Epson
as well but not sure. HP goes the half filled route.
Old August 25th 08, 08:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Flasherly

On Aug 25, 12:35 pm, "007" wrote:
Is it a true that all new printers come with half filled cartridges?

My Samsung laser cartridge part# is specified for (approx. 1/3) lesser
yield, although apart from toner volume I couldn't say how many units,
if at all, beyond that would be assembled with parts (the blade and
optics) capable of not providing a much longer duty cycle. They do
have a fuse intended to blow at a specified "count" -- I haven't
figured how that works (apart the workaround, which is simply to
replace). A laser site in U.K. even provides instructions/materials
for burning a hole (apparently -some- cartridges are self-contained
and show no intent of being refilled).
Old August 25th 08, 08:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni

As I know all manufacturers (HP, Epson, Canon, Samsung, Brother, etc) sell
printers with half filled cartridges. Not all models of course. Depends on
the model, (some only in lasers, some only in inkjets).

--
Yianni

(Remove the number nine from my email address to send me email)

Old August 25th 08, 08:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Postman delivers

measekite wrote:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"
/head
body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
br
br
Jan Alter wrote:
blockquote cite="midMBsk.733$5C.153@trnddc02" type="cite"
pre wrap="""007" a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
. com>/a wrote in
message
a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"

"news:g8 /a...
/pre
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""Is it a true that all new printers come with half filled
cartridges? /pre
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----
Epsons have always come with fully filled cartridges as far as I am aware.
/pre
/blockquote
br
And they should always be replace with Epson ink.br
blockquote cite="midMBsk.733$5C.153@trnddc02" type="cite"
pre wrap=""However, by the time the print head chamber is filled with
ink from charging
the first time the printer is used the consumer is not getting a full
cartridge's worth of ink as part of the ink remains in the print head
reservoir.
/pre
/blockquote
/body
/html

Please post text, not HTML...

JR the postman
Old August 25th 08, 09:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

"007" wrote in message
Is it a true that all new printers come with half filled cartridges?

All Canon printers come with full tanks.

Old August 25th 08, 11:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni

Not all Canon printers come with full cartridges. There are some models
taking the pg40, cl41 which can accept the pg50 and cl51 (full). Also
another series with inkjet cartridges too.

--
Yianni

(Remove the number nine from my email address to send me email)

"DanG" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 26th 08, 08:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bill (Adopt)

In article ,
007 wrote:
Is it a true that all new printers come with half filled cartridges?

Dunno about 'all'..??

In the UK HP seem to sell all their new laser printers
with reduced OEM toner cartridges. They did this with
their LaserJet III and LaserJet 5L some fifteen to
twenty years ago ..and seem to have continued doing
so since.

There may be a reason for it ..ie like an aircraft,
the most dangerous time for a printer may be in first
weeks when it's taking off ..burning in, as it were.

Also encourages a quick uptake of expensive new OEM
toner whilst the customer is still being careful... )

Of their latest two, the Colour LaserJet CP1515n has
four OEM cartridges rated for only a nominal 750 pages
of 'running in' toner; only around 35pc of the full
capacity of HP's present 2200 nominal page counter
cartridges for this printer.

Mind, after my first five weeks of light home-printing
there's still 78pc available in black, with 92pc in
the three (CMY) colours which, with the onboard counter
bypass enabing full use of all cartridges, isn't too
displeasing.

hh.. )

Bill ZFC

--