Need cartridge expert!

Old August 14th 08, 03:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Need cartridge expert!

Can anyone tell me if the HP 74/75 XL cartridges are actually larger than
the regular sized ones? Or are they just filled to the top instead if
having 3 drops in them?

The point being, are the plain 74/75 cartridges a dead loss or can you
refill them with sane ink levels?

JimL

--

Will Pelosi's obsession with power destroy us?
Old August 14th 08, 04:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

hp.com will tell you what you want to know or you can call or email hp customer service and get accurate answers.  The chances of getting as accurate an answer here is not as good.

Old August 14th 08, 06:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Postman delivers

wrote:

Can anyone tell me if the HP 74/75 XL cartridges are actually larger than
the regular sized ones? Or are they just filled to the top instead if
having 3 drops in them?

The point being, are the plain 74/75 cartridges a dead loss or can you
refill them with sane ink levels?

JimL

* * *
JimL,

I have a good ink shop just down the road and around the corner "Cartridge
World" and I believe they are a chain store,
www.cartridgeworldUSA.com

In the location near me the staff is knowledgeable, you might look to see if
you have one near you, or another store with informed staff...

They are not as inexpensive as ordering ink on-line but for our needs they
do save us considerable amount and the printer knowledge they have is
amazing... I use them, instead of on-line because I want them to remain in
business, do not want to lose the ability to have than knowledge at hand...

JR the postman
Old August 14th 08, 11:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

The best in is the ink that is recommended for your printer by the mfg
that designed and engineered the print and ink to work together to print
the best photo possible.

Old August 15th 08, 03:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Postman Delivers said:

wrote:

[...]

Thanks.

I don't have any specialty shops and I don't find Circuit City or
Walgreens prices that good.

JimL

--

Will Pelosi's obsession with power destroy us?
Old August 16th 08, 06:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

TJ said:

They came out with what they called "less expensive" ink
carts a while back, but the truth was they were MORE expensive on a
per-page basis, because of the lower capacity.

Today's business model - screw all customers. When the company collapses,
take home a huge severance package and screw all stock holders.

JimL

--

Will Pelosi's obsession with power destroy us?