Problem saving screen profile file.

Old August 22nd 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PeterN[_2_]

Default Problem saving screen profile file.

On 8/22/2015 2:01 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/22/2015 11:16 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Maybe its an example of how far you can push things withot being sued.

there is no basis for a lawsuit here either.

if a company wants to make something win10 or later or win8 or later,
that's their choice. it might be very dumb, but it's completely legal.

Once more you demonstrate how narrow you are. If a publicly held company
makes incredibly stupid decisions, a shareholders derivative lawsuit
against management and the directors, might very well succeed.

once again, you demonstrate how much you argue just to argue and how
far you move goalposts.

datacolor is a privately held company. they can do whatever the hell
they want and neither you nor anyone else has to approve.

Except their trade and banking creditors.

And I forgot to add, possible investment bankers, if they plan a future
private or public financing.

--
PeterN
Old August 22nd 15, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:47:53 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I need more than luck. Having spent most of a day doing a backup etc I
find that all I have achieved is a place in the queue. At some stage
in the undefined future I will get a notification that my Windows 10
has arrived, by which time I will have to do my backup etc all over
again. :-(

or just download the iso from microsoft.

I wasn't aware that this was possible. Thank you.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old August 22nd 15, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:47:53 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: I've made my way further up the DataColor help-desk
tree and I have just been told by a more senior member that the new
Spyder 5 is not compatible with Windows ***7***. He has not yet
explained why.

that can't be true.

windows 7 is currently the dominant windows version.

it would be incredibly stupid for it to not work on win7.

It's astonishingly inconvenient.

it's also astonishingly wrong.

click on the system requirements tab for whichever version you have
(not that it matters since they're all the same):

http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5express/
http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5elite/
http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5pro/
Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10

That was true until a few weeks ago. The non-performance of the file
management software has obviously caught the 'help' staff by surprise.
It affects both Spyder 4 and Spyder 5 and I suspect it will also
affect Spyder 3.

Maybe its an example of how far you can push things withot being sued.

there is no basis for a lawsuit here either.

Until you know what changes have been made and why, you have no basis
for saying that.

if a company wants to make something win10 or later or win8 or later,
that's their choice. it might be very dumb, but it's completely legal.

I suspect you are attributing the problem to DataColor. In fact, I
strongly suspect they are using well established code and the problem
arises from something that Microsoft has done.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old August 22nd 15, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:16:15 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Maybe its an example of how far you can push things withot being sued.

there is no basis for a lawsuit here either.

if a company wants to make something win10 or later or win8 or later,
that's their choice. it might be very dumb, but it's completely legal.

Once more you demonstrate how narrow you are. If a publicly held company
makes incredibly stupid decisions, a shareholders derivative lawsuit
against management and the directors, might very well succeed.

once again, you demonstrate how much you argue just to argue and how
far you move goalposts.

datacolor is a privately held company. they can do whatever the hell
they want and neither you nor anyone else has to approve.

I don't think this is Datacolor's fault.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old August 23rd 15, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:01:44 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

OOPS!

OOPS!!

BREAKING NEWS: I've made my way further up the DataColor help-desk
tree and I have just been told by a more senior member that the new
Spyder 5 is not compatible with Windows ***7***. He has not yet
explained why.

I have told him that after more than a year of working satisfactorily
Spyder 4 suddenly started having the same problem in June this year.

I have asked him whether this problem extends to Windows 10. It will
be interesting to hear his answer.

He assures me it will run on Windows 10. So here goes ...

MORE BREAKING NEWS: Installing Windows 10 has made little significant
difference to the behaviour of Spyder on my machine.

There is a difference: whereas before the error was
SaveFileUsingICM.DeleteFile failed [... it is now
SaveProfileUsingICM.InstallColorProfile failed [....

Aah - The march of science. :-(

I've think I've gone as far as I can with this one. It soon will be
time for me to change screen calibrating hardware.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old August 23rd 15, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PeterN[_2_]

On 8/22/2015 6:08 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:16:15 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Maybe its an example of how far you can push things withot being sued.

there is no basis for a lawsuit here either.

if a company wants to make something win10 or later or win8 or later,
that's their choice. it might be very dumb, but it's completely legal.

Once more you demonstrate how narrow you are. If a publicly held company
makes incredibly stupid decisions, a shareholders derivative lawsuit
against management and the directors, might very well succeed.

once again, you demonstrate how much you argue just to argue and how
far you move goalposts.

datacolor is a privately held company. they can do whatever the hell
they want and neither you nor anyone else has to approve.

I don't think this is Datacolor's fault.

Probably true. But somebody here made a general statement that is, to
say the least, inaccurate, and one that clearly applies to all
companies. applies to all privately held companies.

--
PeterN
Old August 23rd 15, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PeterN[_2_]

On 8/22/2015 11:05 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:01:44 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

OOPS!

OOPS!!

[...]

I suspect that Datacolor will try to correct the issue. At my last
calibration, before the monitor died, I used Spyder for color correction.

--
PeterN
Old August 23rd 15, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

He assures me it will run on Windows 10. So here goes ...

MORE BREAKING NEWS: Installing Windows 10 has made little significant
difference to the behaviour of Spyder on my machine.

no surprise there, especially since whomever you talked to doesn't know
that it's supported on win7.
Old August 23rd 15, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I don't think this is Datacolor's fault.

it doesn't matter whose fault it is.

if there's an actual problem with the app (and not just your system),
then it will get fixed, most likely by datacolor since microsoft isn't
likely to change anything.

if it only happens on your system, then there's nothing for either
company to fix.
Old August 23rd 15, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

click on the system requirements tab for whichever version you have
(not that it matters since they're all the same):

http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5express/
http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5elite/
http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5pro/
Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10

That was true until a few weeks ago.

what changed?

The non-performance of the file
management software has obviously caught the 'help' staff by surprise.
It affects both Spyder 4 and Spyder 5 and I suspect it will also
affect Spyder 3.

that sounds like a bug which will be fixed, unless it's something
specific to your system which they can't reproduce.

bugs are not the same as being incompatible. the specs say it's
compatible with win7 and later, so whoever told you it's not compatible
with win7 is wrong.

Saving files to CD and retaining original file dates Dolphin~Smile Cdr 5 November 22nd 07 05:38 PM
Saving Overscan and Screen Adjustments between Resolution changes. Paul Mathews Nvidia Videocards 0 November 18th 06 10:04 PM
Saving Overscan and Screen Positions how ? Home Theatre Guy Nvidia Videocards 0 June 8th 06 04:42 PM
Saving a Bios file EB Dell Computers 1 January 11th 05 10:57 PM
Gateway Profile 2 screen JW Gateway Computers 1 October 25th 04 09:18 PM