FROM: Marketing TO: Engineering New hardware driver

Old May 31st 06, 08:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default FROM: Marketing TO: Engineering New hardware driver

Good work on the new driver. Just a few comments:

-- Taskbar icons. Our driver only installs 3 of them. Shouldn't
there be more? Our hardware is unique and exciting, and it should be
prominent on the desktop!

-- Registration. Remove "never remind me again" option. Registration
only takes a few minutes. Best would be to remind users every time
they boot Windows that they have yet to register our unique and
exciting product.

-- Updates. It's too easy to disable automatic driver updates. After
all, who wouldn't want the latest driver -- especially as we intend to
offer a whole series of unique and exciting improvements, each of
which will include a completely revamped hardware interface.

-- Web features. The Web is the sine qua non of computing these days.
Granted, the connection between our product and the Web is not
intuitive, but it is nonetheless real and vital! We should place an
icon on every user's desktop, set up as a system folder rather than a
shortcut, linking users to our company's unique and exciting web
content.

-- Case tabs. This is not a driver issue per se, but the snaps on the
case left me with a ho-hum feeling, like it's been done that way too
many times. Surely you guys can come up with a more unique and
exciting way to fasten the case together. Let's aim for one that will
leave our users with a real sense of accomplishment once they get that
case open.

Remember... this is not a commodity product. It is not merely a "USB
card reader," but a USB card reader with a unique and exciting array
of blinking LEDs. If our driver fails to place this product at the
center of every user's computing experience, then we will have failed
our mission. And failure is not an option!
Old May 31st 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Amen! You want to really get ****ed? Try installing AutoCAD
and get that little experience. They will BLAME you for being
a customer and try to get you in trouble with your supervisor.
Interesting to sit in a meeting with State Engineers who are
red-faced mad, wanting to get rid of this program, and refuse
to see another AutoCAD drawing in their projects.

johns