Dimension 8200 Fan Replacement

Old June 22nd 14, 07:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Dimension 8200 Fan Replacement

Case fan died need to replace. Needs a 12v 0.85A. With thermal sensor. I found a few but the Amp numbers don't match. need help please (using a external fan to keep it cool).
Thanks
Old June 22nd 14, 09:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve W.[_4_]

wrote:
Case fan died need to replace. Needs a 12v 0.85A. With thermal
sensor. I found a few but the Amp numbers don't match. need help
please (using a external fan to keep it cool). Thanks

http://www.cwc-group.com/3612kl04wb66.html
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-R.../dp/B0050PYKKQ

Lower amperage is a good thing as long as the airflow is the same.
It is a 92mm X 92mm X 32mm thick fan.

--
Steve W.
Old June 24th 14, 01:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:16:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Case fan died need to replace. Needs a 12v 0.85A. With thermal sensor. I found a few but the Amp numbers don't match. need help please (using a external fan to keep it cool).

Thanks

Thanks for the information. Ended up checking with dell and for 10.98 total (free shipping) got the fan. This is only the second parts replacement on the 8200. Pity have not found a video card that works with current power supply.
Old June 24th 14, 02:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

On Monday, June 23, 2014 7:12:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:16:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Case fan died need to replace. Needs a 12v 0.85A. With thermal sensor. I found a few but the Amp numbers don't match. need help please (using a external fan to keep it cool).

Thanks

Thanks for the information. Ended up checking with dell and for 10.98 total (free shipping) got the fan. This is only the second parts replacement on the 8200. Pity have not found a video card that works with current power supply.

The 8400 I have has a 256Mb fan-less PCIe card with DVI/RGB/S-Video that came with it...I would think there should be quite a few that would work?
Old June 24th 14, 05:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Thanks i will take a look at them. But the 8200 uses AGP 4x even though 8x will work.

dimension 8200 fan Earl Dell Computers 2 November 30th 06 04:54 AM
Video Card Replacement on Dimension 8200 Joe Dell Computers 13 November 26th 05 02:20 AM
Replacement Hard Drive Dimension 8200 Jim Fell Dell Computers 9 November 2nd 04 11:41 PM
Dell Inspiron 8200 Replacement Key George Bozovic Dell Computers 2 October 20th 04 12:56 PM
Inspiron 8200 Replacement Battery Question rsc Dell Computers 0 April 8th 04 01:10 AM