DELL Dimension 4600 setup disk

Old June 13th 10, 06:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default DELL Dimension 4600 setup disk

I have a DELL Dimension 4600 Desktop without any setup disk for
installing drivers, In particular I need the internet connection,
video, and audio driver(s). The connectors are on-board (part of
mobo),

I have tried to google for a download for these drivers, but, alas, I
can't find anything that will install.

Anyone?

Thanx,
Duke
Old June 13th 10, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
123Jim

wrote in message
I have a DELL Dimension 4600 Desktop without any setup disk for
installing drivers, In particular I need the internet connection,
video, and audio driver(s). The connectors are on-board (part of
mobo),

I have tried to google for a download for these drivers, but, alas, I
can't find anything that will install.

Anyone?

I find this very useful:
http://www.drivereasy.com/
Saves time as long as you are selective about the drivers you choose to
update.
Most importantly It's not like the other driver scanners, it's totally free.

Old June 13th 10, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GMAN[_13_]

In article , wrote:
I have a DELL Dimension 4600 Desktop without any setup disk for
installing drivers, In particular I need the internet connection,
video, and audio driver(s). The connectors are on-board (part of
mobo),

I have tried to google for a download for these drivers, but, alas, I
can't find anything that will install.

Anyone?

Thanx,
Duke

Here is dells 4600 support download site

http://search.dell.com/results.
aspx?
spf=Dimension&ssysid=DIM_P4_4600&ssysn=4600&s=gen& c=us&l=en&cs=&ec=&ira=False&
cat=sup&subcat=dyd&rf=all&evl=&nk=f&k=Dimension+46 00&p=1&nf=&rpp=12&sort=K&%7E
srd=False&ipsys=False&advsrch=False&p=1

or heres a tinylink shortcut to the same site

http://tinylink.in/3R2

I may have the cd , but it would be huge to email it to you. I do have a cable
connection so could possibly send it to you somehow.
Old June 14th 10, 09:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:44:38 -0500, Grinder
wrote:

Although Dell has many faults, driver support is not one of them. Find
the service tag on your machine -- it's a 7 digit alphanumeric string --
and plug it into this web page:

http://support.dell.com/support/down...=19&l=en&s=dhs

That will take you to related specifications, manuals and drivers.

Thanks

I found the 'Service Tag' and now will try what you suggest. I
caused all this by erasing the boot drive and reinstalling XP.
The old installation was running badly.

Duke
Old June 14th 10, 01:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:

Although Dell has many faults, driver support is not one of them. Find
the service tag on your machine -- it's a 7 digit alphanumeric string --
and plug it into this web page:

http://support.dell.com/support/down...=19&l=en&s=dhs

That will take you to related specifications, manuals and drivers.

Worked like a charm

Thanks again

Duke
Old June 16th 10, 02:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:19:15 -0400, Pen wrote:

Go to Dell's web site. All the drivers are there.
http://support.dell.com/support/down...id=-1&impid=-1

I am not doing something right. When I download the drivers I select
on the above site, and enter the service tag, each download is a
simple 10kb file called DellDriverDownloadManager.application with an
embedded sequential number for uniqueness. I want to download the
specific 'R' files from which to install the actual drivers. I don't
know what to do with the so called DownloadManager.applications.

Can you help me on this?

Duke
Old June 16th 10, 02:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default DELL Dimension 4600 setup disk NEVER MIND

I figured it out

Thanks

Duke

Old June 16th 10, 05:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Tinkerer

For us simpler souls, care to explain.
--
Tinkerer

wrote in message
I figured it out

Thanks

Duke

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:00:56 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:19:15 -0400, Pen wrote:

Go to Dell's web site. All the drivers are there.
http://support.dell.com/support/down...id=-1&impid=-1

I am not doing something right. When I download the drivers I select
on the above site, and enter the service tag, each download is a
simple 10kb file called DellDriverDownloadManager.application with an
embedded sequential number for uniqueness. I want to download the
specific 'R' files from which to install the actual drivers. I don't
know what to do with the so called DownloadManager.applications.

Can you help me on this?

Duke

Dell Dimension 4600 tip1 Dell Computers 8 June 2nd 07 05:25 PM
Dell Dimension 4600 Jan Dell Computers 5 August 14th 06 05:37 AM
Dell Dimension 4600 Jan Dell Computers 2 July 29th 06 05:40 AM
Dell Dimension 4600 Jan Dell Computers 5 July 27th 06 01:12 AM
Dell Dimension 4600 Jan Dell Computers 7 December 22nd 05 01:42 AM