Asus - only a 1 year warranty now?

Old February 16th 08, 01:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
OhioGuy

Default Asus - only a 1 year warranty now?

I was on the Newegg website this morning, evaluating several AM2
motherboards for purchase. I thought I remembered that Asus had a 3 year
warranty on all motherboards, but started getting annoyed when I noticed
this information didn't seem to be included.

I went to the website, and it indeed said that there was a 3 year warranty
on all Asus mboards sold since 1999.

However, then I went back to Newegg and was looking at a higher end AM2
board, and it explicitly stated that the Asus board only had a 1 year
warranty!

So now, I'm confused. Who is right - Newegg or Asus? They can't both be
right. Does Asus have some boards that are only warranted for 1 year now?

I was going to go with Asus primarily because they backed their boards
with the 3 year warranty, so this does make a difference to me.

Thanks!

Old February 16th 08, 01:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
PeterC

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:05:41 -0500, OhioGuy wrote:

I was on the Newegg website this morning, evaluating several AM2
motherboards for purchase. I thought I remembered that Asus had a 3 year
warranty on all motherboards, but started getting annoyed when I noticed
this information didn't seem to be included.

I went to the website, and it indeed said that there was a 3 year warranty
on all Asus mboards sold since 1999.

However, then I went back to Newegg and was looking at a higher end AM2
board, and it explicitly stated that the Asus board only had a 1 year
warranty!

So now, I'm confused. Who is right - Newegg or Asus? They can't both be
right. Does Asus have some boards that are only warranted for 1 year now?

I was going to go with Asus primarily because they backed their boards
with the 3 year warranty, so this does make a difference to me.

Thanks!

Just looked at Scan's site - a sample 4 Asus boards all showed 36 months.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old February 16th 08, 02:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Chumley

"OhioGuy" wrote in message ...
I was on the Newegg website this morning, evaluating several AM2
motherboards for purchase. I thought I remembered that Asus had a 3 year
warranty on all motherboards, but started getting annoyed when I noticed
this information didn't seem to be included.

I went to the website, and it indeed said that there was a 3 year
warranty
on all Asus mboards sold since 1999.

However, then I went back to Newegg and was looking at a higher end AM2
board, and it explicitly stated that the Asus board only had a 1 year
warranty!

So now, I'm confused. Who is right - Newegg or Asus? They can't both be
right. Does Asus have some boards that are only warranted for 1 year now?

I was going to go with Asus primarily because they backed their boards
with the 3 year warranty, so this does make a difference to me.

The Newegg site has a disclaimer.
Manufacturer Warranty
Beyond any applicable Newegg return policy, this item is warranted
independently by the product's Manufacturer. Below is a summary provided for
convenience only and may not be accurate or current.

Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year

So Newegg are warning you that they **** up sometimes. IMHO this is one of
those times.

Old February 16th 08, 04:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_2_]

[...]

Since Asus is the one actually providing the warranty, they are the
ones I'd pay attention to. However, there may be a difference in the
retail warranty and the OEM warranty for the same model board.

Larc

Old February 19th 08, 05:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
johns

ASUS is crap. I went through this with several
so-called "asus dealers", and they all but threaten
to send Vito and Vinny around to have a little talk
with you. Too many "kids" have hacked their boards
and sent them back under RMA ... and those boards
are being sent right back out the door as new. That
means you get a broke mobo right out of the box
many times, and ASUS does not want it back.

Last time I looked, ASUS was offshore, and when
they don't want to deal with you, they simply will
not. In addition, the on-shore dealers will take their
almighty time returning your RMA .. if they agree
it is "their" problem. I don't mean 6 weeks either.
More like 6 months ... and then you get a refurb.

johns

Seagate HD 5 year warranty? Jim General 3 February 5th 06 12:14 AM
Seagate HD 5 year warranty? Ian East General 1 December 17th 05 02:20 AM
Five year warranty - India Jim Howes UK Computer Vendors 2 March 23rd 05 12:24 PM
3 year warranty how? Anthony General 2 February 19th 05 03:16 PM
8IK1100 rev 2 Warranty (only 1 year...Why???) Lyle Rhodes Gigabyte Motherboards 3 April 29th 04 10:29 AM