Asus A8V-VM Video Upgrade

Old March 29th 09, 03:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default Asus A8V-VM Video Upgrade

I have an Asus A8V-VM Ver. 1 computer and am trying to adapt it to use
as a DVR, HDPC type system to record digital tv programming.

I have everything I need except the Video Capture/Video Card.

Since this MB is about 3 years old, I have no idea what type PCI
Express Video Card is compatible with the Ver. 1 board.

It has a PCI-e X 16 video slot.

Can I upgrade the bios so that some of the newer video cards will work
on it? I've found a Ver. 2.0 bios upgrade and some higher ones, but
don't know which to use.

I don't have to have a High Def capture card, but would like to get
the best quality card that will work on the board.

Any suggestions or recommendations concerning bios upgrade, Video
Capture Card and recording software is appreciated.