Linksys Printserver Question

Old March 23rd 07, 12:03 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Linksys Printserver Question

I have a HP 5510 all-in-one printer.

I purchased a Linksys PSUS4 print server and connected the printer to
it, so that I would have a network printer on my small 5 computer LAN.

I followed the installation instructions, exactly as described in the
Linksys guide and nothing works.

I've searched the internet for help with the installation, but
everyone says the installation software, enclosed with the server, is
junk and will not work.

Has anyone installed this printserver, and if so, could you point me
in the direction for information about how to set it up?

Thanks

Old March 23rd 07, 01:08 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Steve

Take a look for a solution to your problem in the Community Forums on the
Linksys Site. I had the same problem using their wireless print server. A
person posted directions on how to manually set up the print server and I
was able to get it working.

Steve

Old March 23rd 07, 07:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Cari

Try reading through Bruce Sanderson's guide at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Prin...r%20device.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old March 24th 07, 12:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:02:40 -0700, "Cari"
wrote:

Try reading through Bruce Sanderson's guide at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Prin...r%20device.htm

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

I was fortunate to be able to contact a very knowledgeable technical
rep at Linksys, and she walked my through the setup of a static IP
address for the server.

Now, it works, perfectly with the printer as well as a very nice 4
port switch connected to a Linksys Router.

Contrary to what many have posted on various forums, the printserver
does work with an all-in-one printer, like my HP 5510. You may not
have all the features, through the server, but you can sure print with
it.

Linksys WRT54GC router and Linksys WVC54GC video cam setup Leanin' Cedar Webcams 1 January 28th 07 08:54 AM
PrintServer Question Terry Printers 6 April 19th 05 11:53 PM
PrintServer Question Stanley Krute Printers 0 April 4th 05 09:46 PM
Linksys WPS54GU2 Printserver USB Problem Jim Beasley Printers 0 October 16th 04 08:21 PM
Linksys Printserver WPS54GU2 Terabyte Printers 1 September 15th 04 04:21 PM