Gmail, HP insists on printing to file

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 12th 20, 09:32 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
micky

Default Gmail, HP insists on printing to file

The printer newsgroup is still active. Posting to them an d a second
copy to win10. If you want the printer people to see the win10 answers,
best to reply to this one.

My brother is hhaving trouble printing from Gmail to an HP 8030
all-in-one printer. It insists on starting the Save File routine, and
lets him print to a file but never prints to the printer!!

He had trouble with his old printer. Every time He would have to call
the Geek Squad and they fixe it for no extra charge, but it was a
nuisance, for him and them.

So he bought a new printer, from the HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 All-in-One
Printer series.

It worked fine and he printed things, but yesterday he couldn't print
something and today he can't.

He's in gmail and he does Ctrl-P and he gets a box that asks how mnay
copies, shrink to fit, a couple other things, and has the name of the
printer at the top. He clicks Print (at the bottom) and instead of
printing, the Save File routine starts. The partial-screen box with the
diretories on the left, C:/documents at the top and below that a list of
things already in it, with a line at the bottom to name the new document
which will end in .pm .

So using TeamViewer we saved a copy (and next time we tried to print,
the just-saved copy was in the list of files as it should be) but what
he wants is to print the thing, on paper.

Nowhere on that first box is Print to File. Nor is there Properties or
anything like that. Is that typical for HP now? Does he have to go
somewhere else to set it to print to the printer? Was he -- hard to
believe -- supposed to right click on the printer name and uncheck file?
That doesn't seem intuitive.

Plus it worked a couple days ago.

I dl'd the manual
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06291142 ** and it has only 3 uses
of the word "file", all of which are about the File Menu.

Isn't it still part of the printer software whether to print to a file
or not. Or does Gmail make it a gmail setting? Googling
gmail "print to file"
I get all permutations except the one I want. Except in a question to
Adobe, and he's not using Adboe anything.

I'm submitting this now, and if I see more to ask about, in the manual
etc. I'll post back.

Thanks in advance.
Could he forward the email to another non-gmail email account and print
that?

**(It had some other weirdo number that didn't seem like a printer model
numnber but he and I are disconnected now. I can get it later.)

P5B Zip Drive insists on PIO mode tex shalter Asus Motherboards 3 January 31st 07 04:49 AM
Catalyst CLI insists on connecting to the internet? jb Ati Videocards 9 September 29th 05 03:23 PM
Windows insists on sharing IRQ between video controller and USB Peter Piper Homebuilt PC's 7 August 13th 05 03:52 AM
printing to a file meirman Printers 4 November 6th 03 08:00 AM
printing to a file meirman Printers 0 November 4th 03 03:30 PM