Mesh Computers - impressed.

Old January 10th 04, 11:13 AM
RB

Default Mesh Computers - impressed.

The HD on a system I bought from Mesh 2 years 11 months ago died
recently. Posted it to them on Monday with the RMA number they'd given me
and got a replacement by courier on Friday. Was formatted with a copy of
the OS they'd originally supplied plus other gubbings so could have been
just slotted straight back in.

I'm happy to slate any company that doesn't get it right but don't think
Mesh could have done better. I'm impressed.

RB

Old January 10th 04, 01:46 PM
Fishman

"RB" wrote in message
The HD on a system I bought from Mesh 2 years 11 months ago died
recently. Posted it to them on Monday with the RMA number they'd given me
and got a replacement by courier on Friday. Was formatted with a copy of
the OS they'd originally supplied plus other gubbings so could have been
just slotted straight back in.

I'm happy to slate any company that doesn't get it right but don't think
Mesh could have done better. I'm impressed.

RB

They always were reasonably good PC's with a decent spec. for the price.
Their telephone support service was the main problem.
It left a great deal to be desired even if you could get through.
Of course this may have improved.

Good to hear they sorted you though.

Old January 10th 04, 02:50 PM
S Green

"Fishman" wrote in message

"RB" wrote in message
The HD on a system I bought from Mesh 2 years 11 months ago died
recently. Posted it to them on Monday with the RMA number they'd given

me
and got a replacement by courier on Friday. Was formatted with a copy

of
the OS they'd originally supplied plus other gubbings so could have been
just slotted straight back in.

I'm happy to slate any company that doesn't get it right but don't think
Mesh could have done better. I'm impressed.

RB

They always were reasonably good PC's with a decent spec. for the price.
Their telephone support service was the main problem.
It left a great deal to be desired even if you could get through.
Of course this may have improved.

Good to hear they sorted you though.

First good word I have heard about their customer support - something must
have go wrong!

Old January 10th 04, 05:48 PM
RB

"S Green" wrote in message

First good word I have heard about their customer support - something must
have go wrong!

Surprised me too. Also made 2 purchases from PCWorld on-line recently, first
ever, and got great service both times. Don't think that's supposed to
happen either.

On the other hand, every time I've tried to buy any photographic or hardware
stuff from Amazon it's been a total nightmare and the people they employ in
Slough haven't a cupful of braincells between them. Most recently they sent
me a 'new' £320 camera, obviously very used, that looked as if it came from
a low-class jumble sale.

RB

MESH Computers NTLNewsgroup General 2 January 13th 05 03:13 PM
building stable computers for Mom/Grandma....HELP!! rferoni Homebuilt PC's 11 December 10th 03 02:08 AM
hooking two computers to one modem...help rferoni Homebuilt PC's 15 December 7th 03 02:27 AM
Mesh Computers Warranty SLP UK Computer Vendors 2 August 6th 03 12:38 AM
Mesh PC offer RB UK Computer Vendors 1 July 6th 03 11:35 PM