Why is it so hard to do business with Dell

Old February 21st 05, 04:28 PM
Linebacker

In article et,
says...

"Bea Xxxx" wrote in message
Reading these posts of what Dell can get away with really sickens me
and
makes me so grateful I learned my lesson "before" purchasing. What
is
worse about this is that Consumer Reports gives Dell great marks on
every facit including "Customer Service" or it seems with Dell it
should
be "Customer DISservice".

If you let the post to this newsgroup sway you, more than Consumer
Reports, in what and where you buy computer supplies and equipment,
you are going to be making even bigger mistakes. Just go to any
non-moderated newsgroup dedicated to any service or product and you
see the newsgroup inundated with negative post. For every unhappy Dell
customer, there are 99 happy customers. You don't get to be #1 by
having every customer unhappy with you and your product.

The person that started this thread for example, would not have a
problem with Dell if he had his ducks in a row before he placed the
order. He knew his credit was not good enough to make such an
expensive purchase and he tried to make it anyway. Now he faults Dell
for his limited credit. If in fact the credit card company would OK
the total amount of the purchase, a single call to the credit card
company in advance of making the purchase would have gotten an OK for
a single specified charge.

I bought my 1st Dell over 4 years ago and my last Dell last November
and I have had no problems doing business with Dell, the same as the
majority of Dell's customers.

Tom J

Not had my ducks in a row before ordering? LOL Pal? The fact is Dell gives you
the option of picking the daily limit for the reason I outlined. Was told this
morning it does not function properly and they are encountering this problem
with many people. It;s not a matter of one not having good credit, it's a
matter of a faulty ordering system.

I did not use a credit card moron, I do not use them. Period! although I have
excellent credit I used a bank debit card where the money comes directly out of
my account. Do you understand the difference?

The account has a daily limit set to protect from fraud and it's right where I
want it and could be lower for all I care. I was well aware of that limit.
Since dell inquires about the limit at the time of the order and amount their
option was offered so they could do just as I stated, break the purchase price
up into separate withdrawls.

within one minute the matter was straighened out when I got lucky and found
someone at Dell who knwew what the hell they were doing. The deducted a portion
of the sale from my account i seconds, the remainder tomorrow.

ROFLMAO at people who surmise and don't know the facts Thanks for the laughs
tommie

Old February 21st 05, 04:32 PM
Linebacker

In article , says...

Could you please point to the survey web site where the majority
of Dell's customers express their complete dissatisfaction?

Be careful while posting on it, as you may be found to
be a covered DELL employee ... aren't you?

Regards,
Giovanni

employers are starting to fire employees who post about the company on the net
big time!

But what the hey, if you're about to quit your job, have at it! LOL!

Old February 21st 05, 04:40 PM
Linebacker

In article ,
says...

I bought my 1st Dell over 4 years ago and my
last Dell last November and I have had no
problems doing business with Dell, the same
as the majority of Dell's customers.
Tom J

For your information, Sir, I am not so stupid as to base my purchasing
decisions on discussion group input. I also doubt that you can speak for
the "majority" of Dell's customers. I spent the entire day researching
comments about Dell and this is how I came to my conclusion.

I wonder how you will handle it when your turn comes up and Dell treats
you like crap with their Customer Service. You may be someone who can
handle a lot of his own computer problems and have no need to hassle
with their "no-customer service" but some of us unfortunately have to
depend on these people for help. Have a nice day.

Bea

Always one who knows it all and speaks for everyone. LOL!

To be fair the PC's are pretty good, overpriced, but I have had no great
problems with the PC's themselves. Frankly I should have jsut taken my own
advice and gone out and bought the parts and threw one together today.

All of these companies, Compaq, HP, Gateway all have problems of this nature.

However, trying to clear up a small problem which orignates on their end and is
a very simple task to accomplish...and one in which they encounter daily I am
sure......why one encounters so much difficulty is beyond me.

Good luck in your selection of a new pc Bea

Old February 21st 05, 04:43 PM
S.Lewis

"Tom J" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Giovanni Azua" wrote in message
I bought my 1st Dell over 4 years ago and my last Dell last November
and I have had no problems doing business with Dell, the same as the
majority of Dell's customers.

Could you please point to the survey web site where the majority
of Dell's customers express their complete satisfaction?

You said you had Consumer's report.

No one seems to have "Complete Satisfaction" with anything they buy
anymore and I never said they did. My left shoe feels fine but the right
shoe is a little tight - that type of thing.

Tom J

What I find odd is that for the folks who claim to have had problems (and
I'm sure most have), they don't want to read of anyone who's had good luck
with their Dell systems or even support.

Therefore, most anyone with a positive experience gets labeled a
_____________ (used to be 'shill', but now is 'dellbot'). How stupid.

The extremes of the discussion aren't worth reading and should probably be
dismissed altogether: those who think Dell can do no wrong (and I've been
in the group for over 4 years and don't know of many like that), OR those
who think that Dell can't or won't do anything at all correct (those mostly
being trolls).

Fact is, there are people having problems with Dell support and that has
been known and heavily discussed in this ng as those problems have
substantially increased. One would have to be an idiot not to recognize that
reality. On the other hand, folks with an axe to grind, who troll, or
who've some part in creating their own bad experience don't want help in
here, but rather only want to argue, whine, or just lash out at this group
of Dell owners and users.

This group continues to be one of the most active OEM clone groups I
monitor, and consistently provides some of the best information on Dell (and
other) systems available. It's with that in mind that I'll continue to
defend the regular long-time posters in this group (who've helped dozens if
not hundreds of users) against mindless twits shooting their mouths off -
wherever possible.

I'm here to learn and to help, especially now that Dell and other OEM PC
mfrs. support efforts seem to be genuinely lacking from what people have
been accustomed to in years past.

Stew

Old February 21st 05, 04:49 PM
Linebacker

In article ,
says...

"Tom J" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Gee I never said that at all. What I said was the customer service sucks. And
it does. It took four days, several emails and calls to clear up a very simple
matter that a lady who was helpful and knowlegeable this morning cleared up in
60 seconds and acknowledged there was a problem with their online ordering. The
problem was never on my end.

Now why couldn't I have access to such a person with the ability to straighten
out this relatively small petty matter more readily instead of the 10 or 12
people who simply didn't know?

Mine is not an extremist complaint it is a fair complaint. Had a customer in
my industry told me of such a minute problem I would readily explore the
situation and do something to correct it.