Why is it so hard to do business with Dell

Old February 25th 05, 12:37 PM
Sparky

Irene wrote:
"Linebacker" wrote in message
newsQnSd.28393$ya6.13774@trndny01...

BWAHAHA you have a limit! It's just higher then mine. Giddy-uP!

Try this URL and this card, IF you have the credit for it and can afford the
annual fee.

http://www66.americanexpress.com/car...39/22/n&from=7

This just shows you that Amex is worse than Dell! When they say "No
pre-set spending limit" what they really mean is $1,500/day, the low
life twits!!!
Old February 25th 05, 12:39 PM
Sparky

Giovanni Azua wrote:

"Sparky" exhausted and by mistake typed the following
keys:

You a Janis Joplin fan?

English not your first language?

Noup, spanish is ... I am Cuban :-) was it too noticeable?

Yes, but that dosn't mean anythng (it was an observation, not a flame).

"Piece of geek" isn't something a native speaker would say, and Janis
Joplin recorded a song called "Piece of My Heart".
Old February 26th 05, 01:08 AM
Irene

Where did you find anything about a $1500/day spending limit?
I guess my eyes are giving me trouble again, I can't find it.

Old February 26th 05, 09:26 PM
Paul Knudsen

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:37:21 -0500, Sparky wrote:

Irene wrote:

Try this URL and this card, IF you have the credit for it and can afford the
annual fee.

http://www66.americanexpress.com/car...39/22/n&from=7

This just shows you that Amex is worse than Dell! When they say "No
pre-set spending limit" what they really mean is $1,500/day, the low
life twits!!!

I once bought a computer with an American Express card. I sinply
called them first and got an ok. Admittedly this was several years
ago and their policies might have changed.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
Old February 26th 05, 09:43 PM
Bea Xxxx

I don't see any problem in expressing my
opinion with the only will of helping others not
to be through the same torture of a DELL
no-service ... are you Taliban or what?

Thanks to this thread, I decided to check up on my particular credit
cards. I have AMEX and Mastercard. What I found out was I have no
daily limit. I can charge up to the maximum allowed on my cards in one
day if I desire. HOWEVER, there is a catch and I think it is what
caused the OP problems. I was told that the CC computers know what type
of purchases we usually charge and if a large charge suddenly comes in,
the CC company will reflag it and block the charge until they can get in
touch with us and acknowledge that is really our charge. It is a
protective device they use.

Not too long ago Mastercard cancelled my card because I charged
medications from a Mail Pharmacy out of town and they said it was not a
normal charge for me. I insisted it was and the next day they had to
Fedex me a new card.

They told me to avoid these problems card holders are encouraged to call
them "before" they make a large purchase or anything unusual. Anytime
we take a trip, I always advise them to prevent the card being cancelled
when out of town charges appear.
This thread can be a learning experience for anyone who does not know CC
companies have these rules. Unless the OP has a card with special
rules provided in his case, one call to AMEX could have prevented all
the hassle with Dell, IMO. I, am grateful to him that he shared his
problem with us so that I can know what to do to avoid such a problem if
I ever get around to purchasing a computer from any company. Thanks!

Bea

Old February 27th 05, 10:13 PM
Irene

I have NEVER had a charge "blocked". We have been called or emailed a
couple of times because it was a charge to a merchant that we had not bought
from before. The last was a new HiDef Plasma TV. The bank called us and
asked us to "confirm" the purchase. I thought it a little unusual at the
time because the TV had already been delivered and installed before the
email was dated.
..