Why is it so hard to do business with Dell

Old February 21st 05, 03:49 PM
Giovanni Azua

Could you please point to the survey web site where the majority
of Dell's customers express their complete dissatisfaction?

Be careful while posting on it, as you may be found to
be a covered DELL employee ... aren't you?

Regards,
Giovanni

Old February 21st 05, 03:49 PM
Notan

Giovanni Azua wrote:

I bought my 1st Dell over 4 years ago and my last Dell last November
and I have had no problems doing business with Dell, the same as the
majority of Dell's customers.

Could you please point to the survey web site where the majority
of Dell's customers express their complete satisfaction?

Old February 21st 05, 04:08 PM
Linebacker

In article , says...

Consider yourself lucky. I had an order get into a weird status and it took
me over 20 hours on the phone speaking to I don't know how many people in
various depts. only to be told nobody could fix the problem because nobody
had access to all of the information. Seems it required a conference call
between 2-3 people in various depts. to get it cleared. Your situation
seems like a scenario they should deal with many times a day. Sounds like
sheer incompetence on their part.

Yes, same problem, no one knows anything. You are transferred from one person
to the other. If their CS reps have to deviate from their prepared
scripts....it's a major glitch.

Well so much for their hi-tech online ordering system. As I previosuly stated
when submitting the order and utilizing a bank or debit card they
specifically ask if there is a daily limit on the account. Why certainly,
everyone has a daily limit. One would assume they ask this in order to split
the purchase price up and submit more than one withdrawl.

Apparently it is supposed to be done but the option isn't working. After
several hours and emails trying to straighten this matter out I got ahold of a
young lady this morning who straighted the entire matter out in less than a
minute and deducted 1/3 this morning and a 1/3 the next two days.

I explained the problem came from their online ordering. She advised me several
people had encountered this problem and apparently the option didn't work when
ordering. As you say, this probably happens to everyone who uses online
ordering. Yet they want you to contact the bank and straighen the matter out.
My bank won't raise limits over the phone you have to go to the branch and wait
to see a CS rep and that usually takes an hour or more. I wasn't about to do
it.

Seems Dell is creating much extra work and frustration for nothing.

Really it was quite a laughable situation over a very simple matter.

Old February 21st 05, 04:13 PM
Tom J

"Giovanni Azua" wrote in message
I bought my 1st Dell over 4 years ago and my last Dell last
November
and I have had no problems doing business with Dell, the same as
the
majority of Dell's customers.

Could you please point to the survey web site where the majority
of Dell's customers express their complete satisfaction?

You said you had Consumer's report.

No one seems to have "Complete Satisfaction" with anything they buy
anymore and I never said they did. My left shoe feels fine but the
right shoe is a little tight - that type of thing.

Tom J

Old February 21st 05, 04:16 PM
Bea Xxxx

I bought my 1st Dell over 4 years ago and my
last Dell last November and I have had no
problems doing business with Dell, the same
as the majority of Dell's customers.
Tom J

For your information, Sir, I am not so stupid as to base my purchasing
decisions on discussion group input. I also doubt that you can speak for
the "majority" of Dell's customers. I spent the entire day researching
comments about Dell and this is how I came to my conclusion.

I wonder how you will handle it when your turn comes up and Dell treats
you like crap with their Customer Service. You may be someone who can
handle a lot of his own computer problems and have no need to hassle
with their "no-customer service" but some of us unfortunately have to
depend on these people for help. Have a nice day.

Bea

Old February 21st 05, 04:20 PM
Linebacker

In article ,
says...

Reading these posts of what Dell can get away with really sickens me and
makes me so grateful I learned my lesson "before" purchasing. What is
worse about this is that Consumer Reports gives Dell great marks on
every facit including "Customer Service" or it seems with Dell it should
be "Customer DISservice".

I wrote to Consumer Reports about their report on Dell and how it was
misleading to people like myself trying to learn about companies. I
requested they do a recheck on Dell and write a new report giving us the
"real" truth about what is going on with Customer Service at Dell.
Maybe if some of you will take your anger and put it in some emails to
Consumer Reports or others who oversee these industries, we can at least
put out a notice to Dell that we aren't just sitting back allowing them
to get away with this type of Customer "Abuse". And yes, to me, it is
customer abuse to put people through this who entrust their hard earned
dollars to you.

Also, there is an old saying that for each "one" person who complains
there are 100 others who feel the same but stay silent. If this is
true, after all the negative posts against Dell I have been reading in
just 2 days, there are THOUSANDS of people who are very angry at Dell!
Dell needs to get its act together!

To whatever a "Delbot" is, I gather you are still "pro-Dell" if you
don't want us to be so upset with Dell, why don't YOU write to Dell and
tell them to look in to their ridiculous "no-Customer Service". I would
love to be able to buy that Dell computer but not from this type of
company. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Bea

This oweuld be my thord Dell system I currently have a five year old XPST700r
which the only problem I have had is two bad modems and two hard drives that
expired prematurely. They replaced the items under warranty.

I have written a letter to Mr. Dell regarding his poor customer service. I'm
sure he's heard it all before and my letter will just be thrown in the pile.

Old February 21st 05, 04:23 PM
Notan

Linebacker wrote:

snip

This oweuld be my thord Dell system I currently have a five year old XPST700r
which the only problem I have had is two bad modems and two hard drives that
expired prematurely. They replaced the items under warranty.

I have written a letter to Mr. Dell regarding his poor customer service. I'm
sure he's heard it all before and my letter will just be thrown in the pile.

If customer sevice is so bad, why is this your "thord" system?

Notan