Want Dell Latitude Password/Service-Tag Generator Program

Old September 4th 05, 05:53 PM

Default Want Dell Latitude Password/Service-Tag Generator Program

Have purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation
Army's outlet store.
I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I
access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer system,
# 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You
cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press Enter
""
I noticed that the website postings mentioned " latitude.exe "
(password generator file/program) which I tried but it is geared to
only receiving 5 (five) characters for the Service_Tag_# input to this
program-file. I also used "Latitude_MasterPW.exe" but that does not do
it either. Does anyone know the file-name and where I can download the
correct Dell Password-Generator to solve my problem that will work for
"my" Dell model (C600/C500) Latitude?
Any help would be appreciated. Dell only helps those who can ""prove""
ownership (prove they are the original purchaser)!
My Dell is a: Latitude C600/C500 modle PP01L
Computer system: # 5ZWJP01-595B
Service Tag #: 5ZWJP01
Express Service Code: 13054894417
Thanks in advance

Old September 5th 05, 11:08 AM
Hank Arnold

I think you may be screwed.... The only way to get around this is to call
Dell and try to prove ownership. You may end =up returning it to the SA...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

oups.com...

Old September 6th 05, 02:16 AM
Steve W.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Call Dell and explain it to them, they will ask for proof of ownership
and check if it was reported stolen. Only way to do it.

Old April 6th 06, 12:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

No, it doesn't. The password is in EEPROM and will be remembered for longer
than our lifetime.

The only way to get the password is to contact Dell. Prove your ownership
(which requires you to contact the original owner) and they will provide a
master password.

In this situation, you likely bought a doorstop, since you may have
difficulty proving proper ownership.

The purpose of this is to prevent people from stealing laptops and still
accessing them.

Ask the Salvation Army to contact the person that donated it to them and
have them do a change of ownership with Dell.

Tom

Old April 6th 06, 07:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm

There is *always* a way. The question is whether or not you have the
time/patience to find it. I'm not familiar with your particular system, but
finding and pulling the cmos battery (and all other power sources) for an
hour or so will likely work. Sometimes there's pins to short on the
mainboard, but of course you need to know which ones to short or you could
fry the system.

Google is your best friend here, someone has done this before with your
system. Tom's suggestion about contacting the original owner is your easiest
way out, but I don't think the Salv Army is gonna do that for you. Plus,
what are the chances that the guy donated it because he forgot the password
and it was an old system anyway? If you can't contact him, then as I said
before, Google is your friend.

If it's a hard drive password your after than that's a software tool thing.
Try getting the drive manufactures tools and writing zeroes to the drive.

-Mike

. ..

Old April 6th 06, 02:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Mike" wrote:
There is *always* a way.

Sorry, Mike, but "the way" with Dell machines is to prove ownership to
Dell so they'll give you the backdoor password.

If it's a hard drive password your after than that's a software tool thing.
Try getting the drive manufactures tools and writing zeroes to the drive.

If it's a hard drive password the drive doesn't _exist_ until you've
done a successful password exchange with it.