How to uninstall partition magic 8 cleanly ?

Old May 30th 07, 04:19 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
come_mon_come_mon!

Default How to uninstall partition magic 8 cleanly ?

For unknown reason, my partition magic 8 installation didn't go to
completion (script error). Yet, programs group was still added to
Start-All Programs menu. I wanted to uninstall PM8 but I couldn't
find uninstall program option under Start-All Programs-Partition
Magic group. I checked from
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...anuals/PM8.PDF
mentioned below instructions available to uninstall PM8

Uninstalling PartitionMagic
1 On the Windows taskbar, click Start - Settings - Control Panel
2 Double-click Add/Remove Programs, then select PartitionMagic 8.0
3 Click Add/Remove

But PM8 was not find from list of installed programs.

Please tell how could I remove this incompletely installed application
cleanly besides just deleting the program directory under \Program
Files ?

Old May 30th 07, 04:25 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Rock

"come_mon_come_mon!" wrote
For unknown reason, my partition magic 8 installation didn't go to
completion (script error). Yet, programs group was still added to
Start-All Programs menu. I wanted to uninstall PM8 but I couldn't
find uninstall program option under Start-All Programs-Partition
Magic group. I checked from
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...anuals/PM8.PDF
mentioned below instructions available to uninstall PM8

Uninstalling PartitionMagic
1 On the Windows taskbar, click Start - Settings - Control Panel
2 Double-click Add/Remove Programs, then select PartitionMagic 8.0
3 Click Add/Remove

But PM8 was not find from list of installed programs.

Please tell how could I remove this incompletely installed application
cleanly besides just deleting the program directory under \Program
Files ?

Try installing it again. If that doesn't work contact Symantec tech support
for information on how to delete it manually.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Old May 30th 07, 05:37 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Howard Kaikow

If you want to remove ALL Norton software, try
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...moval_Tool.exe

Old May 30th 07, 09:36 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
SingaporeWebDesign

Hello,

That does not remove Partition Magic according to
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/U...val-Tool.shtml

--
Singapore Website Design
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/

Old May 30th 07, 05:06 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
haroldpotter esq.

Two simple progs........"Your uninstaller 2006" and "registry crawler" clear
most fertiliser from the pc. You should be able to download them from any
decent forum.
Regards.......gee Ms Rawlings will be proud of me.
oups.com...

Old May 30th 07, 07:06 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
come_mon_come_mon!

On 5¤ë30¤é, ¤W¤È11®É25¤À, "Rock" wrote:
"come_mon_come_mon!" wrote

For unknown reason, my partition magic 8 installation didn't go to
completion (script error). Yet, programs group was still added to
Start-All Programs menu. I wanted to uninstall PM8 but I couldn't
find uninstall program option under Start-All Programs-Partition
Magic group. I checked from
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...s/pmagic/pmagi...
mentioned below instructions available to uninstall PM8

Uninstalling PartitionMagic
1 On the Windows taskbar, click Start - Settings - Control Panel
2 Double-click Add/Remove Programs, then select PartitionMagic 8.0
3 Click Add/Remove

But PM8 was not find from list of installed programs.

Please tell how could I remove this incompletely installed application
cleanly besides just deleting the program directory under \Program
Files ?

Try installing it again. If that doesn't work contact Symantec tech support
for information on how to delete it manually.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]- ÁôÂóQ¤Þ¥Î¤å¦r -

- Åã¥Ü³Q¤Þ¥Î¤å¦r -

Tried already, the same script error appeared. I even tried install
another language version of PM8 (English). No complain error this time
but when I ran PM8 afterwards, the same runtime error message popped
up as before.

Old May 30th 07, 07:29 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
come_mon_come_mon!

On 5¤ë31¤é, ¤W¤È12®É06¤À, "haroldpotter esq."
wrote:
[...]

Files ?- ÁôÂóQ¤Þ¥Î¤å¦r -

- Åã¥Ü³Q¤Þ¥Î¤å¦r -

Tks! Downloading and hope they work!

Old May 30th 07, 09:10 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Rock

"come_mon_come_mon!" wrote

"Rock" wrote:
"come_mon_come_mon!" wrote

snip

Tried already, the same script error appeared. I even tried install
another language version of PM8 (English). No complain error this time
but when I ran PM8 afterwards, the same runtime error message popped
up as before.

Then contact Symantec tech support for manual removal instructions.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]