OT Amazon problem

Old September 11th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dan

Default OT Amazon problem

Posted a couple of week ago on a problem with Amazon. The guy is still
insisting that he hasnt been paid (money went out of my account on the 29th
August), he's even sent me a html page from his amazon account which
purports to show that the money was refunded by amazon! How should i
proceed, and what should i expect from Amazon.

I want my money back of course, and im very angry about this. Im tempted to
track down the seller, which wouldnt be too difficult, and pay him a visit
(im a security guard in a shopping center, so i would be able to take a few
colleagues along as well - just for the day out, you understand ).

Dan

Old September 11th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

"Dan" wrote in message
Posted a couple of week ago on a problem with Amazon. The guy is still
insisting that he hasnt been paid (money went out of my account on the
29th August), he's even sent me a html page from his amazon account which
purports to show that the money was refunded by amazon! How should i
proceed, and what should i expect from Amazon.

I want my money back of course, and im very angry about this. Im tempted
to track down the seller, which wouldnt be too difficult, and pay him a
visit (im a security guard in a shopping center, so i would be able to
take a few colleagues along as well - just for the day out, you understand
).

Dan

have you contacted amazon?.

Old September 11th 06, 09:59 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Dan"
opened his gob and said:

Posted a couple of week ago on a problem with Amazon. The guy is still
insisting that he hasnt been paid (money went out of my account on the 29th
August), he's even sent me a html page from his amazon account which
purports to show that the money was refunded by amazon! How should i
proceed, and what should i expect from Amazon.

I want my money back of course, and im very angry about this. Im tempted to
track down the seller, which wouldnt be too difficult, and pay him a visit
(im a security guard in a shopping center, so i would be able to take a few
colleagues along as well - just for the day out, you understand ).

I'd go for the day trip myself g. Alternatively, if you would like
to avoid a 'full and frank' discussion with the vendor, contact
Amazon.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old September 12th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dan

news
opened his gob and said:

[...]

Amazon will refund my money, which has surprised me as the cash went to the
seller - they will chase him for the money. I hope he knows what he's
doing! Perhaps i should have offered the services of myself and my
colleagues?!

Dan

Old September 12th 06, 06:20 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bruce Stephens

"Dan" writes:

[...]

Amazon will refund my money, which has surprised me as the cash went
to the seller - they will chase him for the money. I hope he knows
what he's doing! Perhaps i should have offered the services of
myself and my colleagues?!

That's how I'd expect it to work: you pay money via Amazon, after all.
Ignoring any actual liabilities (I've no idea who's actually liable),
they know it's their reputation on the line.
Old September 12th 06, 09:36 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Bruce Stephens
opened his gob and said:

That's how I'd expect it to work: you pay money via Amazon, after all.
Ignoring any actual liabilities (I've no idea who's actually liable),
they know it's their reputation on the line.

That's right, but I still won't deal with Pixmania under any
circumstances!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old September 12th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Trev

opened his gob and said:

That's how I'd expect it to work: you pay money via Amazon, after all.
Ignoring any actual liabilities (I've no idea who's actually liable),
they know it's their reputation on the line.

That's right, but I still won't deal with Pixmania under any
circumstances!

But this one sounded more like New Used

Old September 13th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Trev"
trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM opened his gob and said:

But this one sounded more like New Used

Sorry for misleading you, Trev. I had posted earlier to the effect
that even though dealing via Amazon (whose CS is top-hole) I would not
deal with some of their partners, Pixmania was an example and not
meant to mean the company was involved here.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old September 13th 06, 06:40 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bruce Stephens

Dr Teeth writes:

[...]

That's right, but I still won't deal with Pixmania under any
circumstances!

I probably wouldn't buy from them mailorder, no (having read various
horror stories). However, I found their outlet near Putney bridge or
wherever it is OK: I went in and bought an Exilim camera without
incident (no need to order it or anything, so they don't get to take
my money before I pick the thing up). The saving was worth the trip,
IMHO.

I'd use them again (if it involved going to their place and doing the
deal there).
Old September 13th 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

opened his gob and said:

The saving was worth the trip,
IMHO.

Did it have an English manual. They are notorious for selling
continental kit, i.e. no English instructions and no UK power cable.

Oh, and they are a French company ;-)

--
Cheers,

Guy