[?]Best place to buy hardware

Old January 31st 04, 09:40 PM
Max

Default [?]Best place to buy hardware

I am new to hardware and I am seeking trust worthy hardware providers? As well as the best place to get good deals?

I am currently seeking a new harddrive for my Dell pc. I was thinking of getting a Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB 120 GB. This is the smae brand of my current harddrive which is a 40gb, what do U think is this a good choice?

I also need a wireless router and I have no idea what I should go with? Are there any router that can act as a hardware firewall?
Old February 1st 04, 02:55 AM
Ralph Mowery

"Max" wrote in message
I am new to hardware and I am seeking trust worthy hardware providers? As
well as the best place to get good deals?

I am currently seeking a new harddrive for my Dell pc. I was thinking of
getting a Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB 120 GB. This is the smae brand of
my current harddrive which is a 40gb, what do U think is this a good choice?

If you are not in a hurry wait tuil compusa, circuit city, office max, or
other local stores put it on sale with a rebate. Otherwise try
www.newegg.com
I have used them and they give very good service.

Old February 1st 04, 05:24 AM
ray hartman

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:40:05 -0500, Max wrote:

I am new to hardware and I am seeking trust worthy hardware providers? As well as the best place to get good deals?

I am currently seeking a new harddrive for my Dell pc. I was thinking of getting a Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB 120 GB. This is the smae brand of my current harddrive which is a 40gb, what do U think is this a good choice?

I also need a wireless router and I have no idea what I should go with? Are there any router that can act as a hardware firewall? !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY
DIVFONT face="Humanst521 BT"I am new to hardware and I am seeking trust
worthy hardware providers? As well as the best place to get good deals?
/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Humanst521 BT"/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face="Humanst521 BT"I am currently seeking a new harddrive for my
Dell pc. I was thinking of getting a !--StartFragment -- /FONTFONT
face="Humanst521 BT" size=3Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB 120 GB. This is the
smae brand of my current harddrive which is a 40gb, what do U think is this a
good choice? /FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face="Humanst521 BT"/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face="Humanst521 BT"I also need a wireless router and I have no idea
what I should go with? Are there any router that can act as a hardware
firewall? /FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

BigMAX:

Newegg.com, AICmicro & Monatch Computer are all price_sensitive, reliable
hardware venders. Check "resellerrating.com" before you use ANY online
vender.

Old February 1st 04, 02:34 PM
Ruel Smith (Big Daddy)

on Sat January 31 2004 4:40 pm, Max decided to enlighten us with:

I am new to hardware and I am seeking trust worthy hardware providers? As
well as the best place to get good deals?

I am currently seeking a new harddrive for my Dell pc. I was thinking of
getting a Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB 120 GB. This is the smae brand
of my current harddrive which is a 40gb, what do U think is this a good
choice?

I also need a wireless router and I have no idea what I should go with?
Are there any router that can act as a hardware firewall?

www.zipzoomfly.com
www.newegg.com

Wireless router that has built-in hardware firewall:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=252281

From PCWorld on that router:

"Little by little, Wi-Fi (802.11) wireless networking is taking over the
world. If you're ready to invest in a Wi-Fi router, we recommend an 802.11g
model. This new standard is compatible with the pervasive 802.11b spec--but
if you set up an all-11g network, you'll zip along about four times faster
than 11b can sustain.

Our pick, Linksys's WRT54G, packs 802.11g's speed into the company's
signature blue-and-black case. The unit is easy to install and contains a
solid firewall..."

--
Big Daddy Ruel Smith

My SuSE Linux machine uptime:
8:37am up 5 days 23:12, 2 users, load average: 0.06, 0.11, 0.09

My Windows XP machine uptime:
Something less...