Canon SELPHY CP720

Old June 22nd 07, 04:02 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lil' Abner

Default Canon SELPHY CP720

I just got one of these in a camera/printer package deal. I've never had a
photo printer before but it is way kewl! It's worth what it cost in
entertainment value... just watching it print. And in my opinion the
quality of the prints are excellent.
If anyone here has any experience with one, maybe you could help me solve a
couple of issues.

4 X 6 is what I want but the only paper I've been able to locate for it is
"postcard" style with the postcard junk on the back of it. Can I get the
same stock (glossy) somewhere *without* the printing on the back?

I dual boot XP and Vista but run XP 98% of the time.
Tonight I thought I'd see if I could install it in Vista. The installation
went fine, but it just won't print. Printer status says "printing" and it
shows 1 in the queue, but it's doing nothing. No errors. No nothing.
Does anyone have one working in Vista?

--
--- A dyslexic man walks into a bra ---
Old June 22nd 07, 04:26 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Eickmeier

Lil' Abner wrote:
I just got one of these in a camera/printer package deal. I've never had a
photo printer before but it is way kewl! It's worth what it cost in
entertainment value... just watching it print. And in my opinion the
quality of the prints are excellent.
If anyone here has any experience with one, maybe you could help me solve a
couple of issues.

4 X 6 is what I want but the only paper I've been able to locate for it is
"postcard" style with the postcard junk on the back of it. Can I get the
same stock (glossy) somewhere *without* the printing on the back?

I have the older Selphy, got it on sale for $49. I assume that the
postcard stock is the only 4x6 paper because that is all I see in the
stores. Just don't look at the back.

Gary Eickmeier
Old June 22nd 07, 04:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lil' Abner

Gary Eickmeier wrote in
:

Lil' Abner wrote:
I just got one of these in a camera/printer package deal. I've never
had a photo printer before but it is way kewl! It's worth what it
cost in entertainment value... just watching it print. And in my
opinion the quality of the prints are excellent.
If anyone here has any experience with one, maybe you could help me
solve a couple of issues.

4 X 6 is what I want but the only paper I've been able to locate for
it is "postcard" style with the postcard junk on the back of it. Can
I get the same stock (glossy) somewhere *without* the printing on the
back?

I have the older Selphy, got it on sale for $49. I assume that the
postcard stock is the only 4x6 paper because that is all I see in the
stores. Just don't look at the back.

It really doesn't bother *me* but if I do prints for other people, it'll
make them wonder... :-)

--
--- A dyslexic man walks into a bra ---
Old June 22nd 07, 05:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lil' Abner

"Lil' Abner" wrote in

[...]

Vista problem solved... found the drivers.

--
--- A dyslexic man walks into a bra ---
Old June 22nd 07, 09:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Roy G

"Lil' Abner" wrote in message
[...]

Hi.

It must be another of those quaint restrictions imposed in the USA.

6 x 4 Glossy Photo Paper is available everywhere in the UK.

I mean everywhere, even our local SPAR shop sells it. For those who don't
know, Spar is a chain of "Moma & Popa" type mini markets

Roy G

Old June 23rd 07, 07:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Eickmeier

Roy G wrote:

Hi.

It must be another of those quaint restrictions imposed in the USA.

6 x 4 Glossy Photo Paper is available everywhere in the UK.

I mean everywhere, even our local SPAR shop sells it. For those who don't
know, Spar is a chain of "Moma & Popa" type mini markets

Then we should be able to find it easily online, right?

Gary Eickmeier
Old June 26th 07, 05:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Roy G

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message

Roy G wrote:

Hi.

It must be another of those quaint restrictions imposed in the USA.

6 x 4 Glossy Photo Paper is available everywhere in the UK.

I mean everywhere, even our local SPAR shop sells it. For those who
don't know, Spar is a chain of "Moma & Popa" type mini markets

Then we should be able to find it easily online, right?

Gary Eickmeier

Yes.

Try 7dayshop.com it is based in the tax haven of the Channel Islands,
but I don't know if they supply to the US.

Roy G

Old July 4th 07, 02:50 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jun 21, 9:02 pm, "Lil' Abner" wrote:
I dual boot XP and Vista but run XP 98% of the time.
Tonight I thought I'd see if I could install it in Vista. The installation
went fine, but it just won't print. Printer status says "printing" and it
shows 1 in the queue, but it's doing nothing. No errors. No nothing.
Does anyone have one working in Vista?

After a couple hours, I finally got mine working in Vista. My problem
was that after the archive self-extracted, Vista didn't know where to
find the drivers to finish the install. To work around this, after
the archive self-extracted, I found the extracted files in their
temporary location (C:\users\mindless888\appdata\local\temp
\wzse4.tmp) and pointed Vista to that location when it asked where the
drivers could be found. Note that wzse4.tmp could be a different
folder (i.e. wzse3.tmp, etc.)
Printing now works great when I use the ZoomBrowser.