HP 1510 (PSC)

Old December 14th 05, 03:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default HP 1510 (PSC)

I just bought an HP PSC 1510. Any advice, warnings, cackling, etc.
are welcome. It seems good so far. It looks marvelous, a clean
3-dimensional rectangle, not like some new sci-fi printer
shapes. Compatible carts for it? Should I return it (12 days
left)? Whaddya think?

Please email, post.

A man of judgement, who could look both before and after.
HOMER, THE ILIAD
Radically systematic, radical metaphysics: "Existence 2"
http://home.att.net/~sdgross
Stephen Grossman Fairhaven, MA, USA
Old December 14th 05, 06:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Although I generally don't like HP printers, I still use their cheapo
1210 multifunctional at home as a personal photo copier and I am quite
happy with it. In fact, in this low price range, HPs are simply the
best. Reliable and good quality. The HP drivers is the only smudge in
the picture

Anyway, enough ranting. I'd say your buy is a good one and you
shouldn't return it.

Here is my tip: buy some bulk ink from a reputable vendor and two
priming tools (both are quite cheap) for your cartridges. If you refill
correctly, your cartridges can last quite long. When they no longer
work, avoid remanufactured cartridges, the original ones are the best
but you can save some money by going with the low capacity versions
(which you will refill anyway).

I agree, the looks of the PSC 1x series is my favorite too.

BTW, please consider minimizing your signature, it's longer than your
message...

Old January 2nd 06, 10:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In article .com, "Panos
Stokas" wrote:

Although I generally don't like HP printers, I still use their cheapo
1210 multifunctional at home as a personal photo copier and I am quite
happy with it. In fact, in this low price range, HPs are simply the
best. Reliable and good quality. The HP drivers is the only smudge in
the picture

Whats wrong w/the drivers?

Anyway, enough ranting. I'd say your buy is a good one and you
shouldn't return it.

thanks for the good news, especially since I can no longer get my
money back.

Here is my tip: buy some bulk ink from a reputable vendor and two
priming tools (both are quite cheap) for your cartridges. If you refill
correctly, your cartridges can last quite long. When they no longer
work, avoid remanufactured cartridges, the original ones are the best
but you can save some money by going with the low capacity versions
(which you will refill anyway).

One of these days I'll get involved in refilling but, right now, compatibles
are convenient for me. I used them for my Epson and Lexmark. Can you
recommend any place that sells them at low price. I paid $6-8 for prior
compatibles. I shudder to think of paying $20 for HP black carts.

BTW, please consider minimizing your signature, it's longer than your
message...

I just checked my signature in my prefs and its much shorter than the mess
which
appeared in my post. Im confused. Anarchic electrons! We're doomed!

Reason is the basic method of human survival. AYN RAND