Connecting a Laptop to a Projector via Svideo

Old December 10th 09, 12:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jack Gillis

Default Connecting a Laptop to a Projector via Svideo

Here is my problem.

I have a HP Pavilion dv1464dx Laptop running Window 7 Home that I need to
connect to a projector that has only an Svideo input. The laptop has no
Svdeo output, only a VGA jack for connecting to an external monitor. It
works. I have an VGA to Svideo adapter (the inexpensive 'Y' type) that I
connect to the laptop's VGA output and then connect its Svideo cable to one
of the Svideo inputs on my TV. Windows 7 detects the TV and allows me to
turn Presentation on. The TV accepts Svideo input just fine from my Cox
cable box. However, with the laptop connected as above I keep getting a 'No
Signal' message from the TV.

The laptop has a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chip set adapter which,
according to the specs, does support TV Out. Use of Fn+F4 doesn't yield a
picture on the TV. I am beginning to think something is inhibiting the TV
Out feature of the adapter. Could it be Windows 7 or maybe because HP
hardwired it out?

Is there anyone here who has successfully used the 'Y' type VGA to Svideo
adapter? If so how did you do it? Will I have to buy one of the more
expensive adapters priced at around $70?

The real question is this. Can someone help me get my laptop's VGA output
connected to the Svideo input of the projector?

I will really appreciate help.

Thank you.

Old December 10th 09, 01:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ken Maltby

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
[...]

What's the Make&Model of this projector, it would be an odd
projector that only had s-video inputs?

If you are actually stuck with s-video, then you need a scan
converter.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...verter&aqi=g10

http://www.svideo.com/vgatotv.html

http://www.svideo.com/displayvideo.html

Luck;
Ken

Old December 14th 09, 12:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
terryc[_3_]

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:38:06 -0500, Jack Gillis wrote:

Here is my problem.

I have a HP Pavilion dv1464dx Laptop running Window 7 Home that I need
to connect to a projector that has only an Svideo input. The laptop has
no Svdeo output, only a VGA jack for connecting to an external monitor.
It works. I have an VGA to Svideo adapter (the inexpensive 'Y' type)
that I connect to the laptop's VGA output and then connect its Svideo
cable to one of the Svideo inputs on my TV. Windows 7 detects the TV
and allows me to turn Presentation on. The TV accepts Svideo input just
fine from my Cox cable box. However, with the laptop connected as above
I keep getting a 'No Signal' message from the TV.

You need to know the details of the projectors resolution. start with
640x480 and slow speeds and work your way up.