Can't print in Win 98

Old March 15th 04, 04:45 PM
Menno Hershberger

Default Can't print in Win 98

I realize that this is probably off topic in this group but I'm not
having any luck with the microsoft Windows 98 newsgroup. Possibly someone
here will recognize the problem.
--------
I dual boot 98 and XP.
All of a sudden I can't print anything in 98.
No matter what printer I pick. Local, network, Acrobat, Fax, etc.
Option in notepad is greyed out. Other apps yield different error
messages
or just simply won't print. 98 troubleshooter gives me options. I picked
"My document didn't print at all." Hit "next" and came up with a blank
page.... :-) I realize that's a problem with the help files and am not
really concerned about that anyway.
Printer works fine from DOS (even the shell) and XP.
I really don't want to reinstall 98 because that is pretty tricky in a
dual boot situation. It CAN be done, but you have to be awfully careful.
Can anyone help?
See error messages at http://www.mewnlite.com/printerwoes.jpg
-------
That was cut and pasted from my post in the microsoft group.
Since that time I have reinstalled Windows 98, but still no joy. I tried
reinstalling a couple of the printer drivers... that wasn't it since NONE
of the printers will work.
Seeing as this is probably the wrong newsgroup for this, could someone at
least point me somewhere where I might find some help?
Unless you can help me here....
Thanks.

--
There are 3 kinds of people: Those who can count & those who can't.
Old March 15th 04, 07:11 PM
Cari

"Menno Hershberger" wrote in message
[...]

You do have the two O/Ses installed in different partitions, don't you?
Please don't tell me they're both in the same one!

Cari
www.coribright.com

Old March 16th 04, 04:09 AM
Lil' Abner

"Cari" wrote in
link.net:

[...]

Yes. 98 is on C, XP on D. Problem is that if I formatted C for a clean
install, it'd mess up the dual boot. Although the XP CD can repair that,
it isn't easy.
Actually, I didn't know it was possible to have them both on the same
partition!

--
I child-proofed my house but they are still getting in.
Old March 16th 04, 06:09 AM
Lil' Abner

"Cari" wrote in
link.net:

[...]

Hmm... I replied to this post several hours ago and apparently it didn't
show up. No... they're on seperate drives... I didn't even know you could
have both systems on one drive.... :-)
But I did find my problem through an MS Knowledge Base article. My
win.ini file was corrupt. I restored a backup and all is well.

--
I child-proofed my house but they are still getting in.
Old March 16th 04, 06:38 AM
Lil' Abner

"Lil' Abner" wrote in
:

"Cari" wrote in
link.net:

[...]

Sorry about the posting names... Menno Hershberger and Lil Abner are both
me!

--
I child-proofed my house but they are still getting in.